November 22, 2012, 11:38:35 |
I just wanted to give you more information about the logic behind conquest islands.
First, the bonus of Calamar Island will not be “+10PP” but:
Why a low PP bonus?
- +10PP for 1 CM whish
- +10PP/+13Dodge for 2 CM wishes
- +10PP/+13Lock for 2 CM wishes
The idea is to bring a PP bonus that cumulates with the more conquest islands your nation controls.
We planned to do it with the big RvR revamp to come, but we also wanted to implement this on the islands already in game.
That’s why the bonus on each island has to stay rather low, since each new island released will cumulate with the existing bonus!
In this intent, the “Wild Estate” will also receive a bonus of +10PP to the nation that owns it (in the next patch).
Note: This Island is different since it doesn’t have any CM wish, so the bonus will only be +10PP.
Why paying Kamas to take the island?
We decided to keep this rule for two reasons:
Why Calamar and not another island?
- Avoid having groups starting a fight only to “test” a fight against a CM
- The 500 kamas will go to the CM treasury and therefore to the nation controling the island. A good defense might just fill in the nation treasury!
We decided to work on this island before releasing new ones, due to its obvious lack of content.
This island had nothing to offer, whereas we want all contents of the game to bring their share of monsters, rewards, quests and achievements!
But don’t worry; the islands you knew during Beta are not far away…
Concerning exclusive content for the nation owning the island, nothing’s done yet. There will not be any limitation for the dungeon as long as the RvR revamp isn’t implemented.
However, we intend to offer exclusive content to the nation controlling the island (only the nation, and not the allies) for two reasons:
- Taking the island will be harder now. A nation that invested time and kamas should be rewarded accordingly: what could be better than exclusive content?
- These are PvP islands where alliances are made and broken. If the content is available to everyone, why waging war?
But as I said, the RvR revamp is not here yet, and we will have many occasions to talk about it together. All of these are just ideas; nothing’s been set in stone yet.