Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Crafting Revamp
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté October 12, 2012, 08:11:29 | #21

Quote (LeoAdeliet @ 12 October 2012 05:07) *
Oh yeas, finally an interesting update! I am just seeing the legendary goods selling for 50k kamas + in the market XD
Legendary items wont be exchangeable

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté October 12, 2012, 09:13:04 | #22

Quote (krishsakti @ 11 October 2012 23:18) *

Find out about the crafting revamp that will be implemented in the next update. Learn about the new recipes, and how the existing ones will be modified in our new Devblog.

they said..

But when is the next big update ?

Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté October 12, 2012, 11:46:36 | #23

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 12 October 2012 08:11) *

Actually, they will.
The whole point is to promote crafting and help the economy by allowing players to sell their Legendary items.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-06-23
posté October 12, 2012, 11:47:23 | #24
Great, another changes ^.^
Before that I must make some recipes from all trash I gather ^.-

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté October 12, 2012, 12:14:04 | #25
But when is the next update? And will there be any more changes? Sadi balance perhaps?  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-08-08
posté October 12, 2012, 14:25:40 | #26
That means, still no reset? ._.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-10
posté October 12, 2012, 22:28:21 | #27
this sounds good but I hope the take the "more exp for more recepie ingridients" to the other handyman, baker and chef too.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-05-01
posté October 12, 2012, 23:46:16 | #28

Quote (FineTapWater @ 12 October 2012 22:28) *
this sounds good but I hope the take the "more exp for more recepie ingridients" to the other handyman, baker and chef too.
I hope this doesn't get used for baker actually, since most baker recipes use 3 grain (or other farmer product) and 1 water and gives 200exp.

Now, what was said in the first post: Let's take a jeweler recipe for example:
  • Recipe for 1 component requiring 10 ore = 100 XP.

Meaning that you would need at least 20 items for the same amount of exp, or so it seems to me at least.

It's probably useful for chef and handyman though. (for a handyman recipe to make the same amount of exp as it takes any recipe now would require at least 50 items, a lot of recipes go over this amount easily though.)

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-04-01
posté October 13, 2012, 02:45:15 | #29
Awesome i cant wait!
I know its the whole point of the revamp but im really inspired to get off my lazy butt and actually max my crafting professions as soon as possible.. i mean Legendary items, come on xD

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté October 13, 2012, 11:03:40 | #30

Quote (Hudski @ 11 October 2012 16:12) *
rant
Boohoo.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté October 13, 2012, 16:50:40 | #31
Lets start with the good
Overall seems very good as a revamp was needed, well done Team Wakfu.

Now the not so good
One time only, now lets at all at this is practice.

Say I am lv 100 in X craft my friend asks me to make him a Legendary craft but as I can only do ONE I refuse. My friend then doesn't know anyone else who can make it will not be happy with me as doesn't want to be my friend any more.

So my friends option is now to find another "friend" who will possibly say no also.

OR find a random person to do it this is important.

Lets say a Legendary item is worth 10,000 kamas (mostly likely much more), my friend uses a random person to craft the item and the random person KEEPs the item. WITHOUT adding in a craft system like in Dofus where the its a sort-off trade the whole idea is terrible. So my friend has now lost his item that took in months to get, hates the random craft and now hates me more than anyone have ever hated someone.

The other point, as you can only do it once EVER who would you craft for? if you craft for someone else, YOU who got level 100 would feel (unless your very generous) that you wasted your profession or afterwards (if your realistic) some negative feeling towards your "friend". As they would no doubt be using their new Legendary equip for a long time and telling how great the stats are and they now are amazing in fights.

Rarity and one time only
Firstly I agree with.

" It's not okay to do this. Once a month would be a lot fairer, or every other month, or you have to do a quest to reset it so you can craft a new piece, but once... ever? "

Secondly I would like to say I love team wakfu but sometimes they suffer from no logical at all example making sac's my balanced by removing sanguine armor from air and fire. This made it balanced in terms of earth sac vs air/fire but in terms of everything else is it was 100% illogical.

One time only makes zero sense. Above is a massive problem with one time only.
In reality as someone has clear pointed out that it may be one time only but people will simply mutli-account (or not) and make 5 characters level them all to level 100 and make multiple "lol one time only Legendary items". A so-called solution make it only possible to do one per account, wrong because people with more account would still make more than one legendary item.

Another point, everyone will level all their professions to 100 this is neither good or bad, just a massive grind really. Everyone will most likely fight over all the resources as was stated in the OP many more resources will be needed.

A further note, will legendary equipment be one-off without a set or part of a set? this is a very important question as most of us sets to gain AP and many other stats. Naturally we are wise enough to mix and match to get the best effect BUT if the legendary are always one-off and never give AP (apart from an ammy) even with their better stats it would work out worse off. Of course without seeing the actual stats this is hard to say but its something to bear in mind( No AP no point).

Also lets say people craft legendary items as soon as possible, if any more legendary items are ever released (at a later date) the people who crafted right away wont be able to craft again without leveling another characters profession to 100 as well.

Actual solution
You said you wanted to encourage crafting well letting people make as many legendary items as they want. As a crafter I could charge them 1,000 kamas or so. You also said you wanted to encourage the markets which you are going against by imposing limits.

If the items are SO hard to get in the first place then their shouldn't be an issue. For example say it takes 2 months to get all the resources. Every 2 months someone can make a Legendary item that doesn't seem to much that's OMG 6 legendary items a year. Hopefully by then all different items, sets and would have been out.

Another possible solution limit the availabilities of the resources for example if a legendary item needed a Ultimate boss drop and you can only fight them once a week the ability to make legendary items quickly would be lower(yeah mutli-accounts could get round this). Note this was only an example as the recourse should be easily available to all but insanely low drop rates.

Again to make the same point, collecting the resources should be the limiting factor NOT THE AMOUNT OF CRAFTS btw this is 100% logical.

My points goes against the concepts because of my logic. I have not missed the point, I have tried to my basis on experience not mere idea's.

Before you think of replying please read what I have said again and think what will happen logically when it is introduced.

• possibly lose of friends due to arguments over crafting
  • increase in item scamming leading to loss of enjoyment of the game leading to even more people quitting leading to (thats what we need)
  • possibly everyone fighting over resources (remember getting attacked in the mines ^^)
  • without crafting it yourself or using someone else impossible to get legendary items (what i mean you don't have 10,000 kamas and all the time in the world to get lv 100 in craft AND farm all the resources). So as a casual or even average player you may feel excluded as it may seem this is only for the elite leading to lose of enjoyment
  • Etc.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 14, 2012, 00:41:48.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté October 13, 2012, 17:26:32 | #32
I think it will make proffesions really important and will encourage players to bother leveling them instead of focusing only on drops. It will make war a possible way to get rid of intruders who steal your nations resources (for sure there will be war because of that). On the other hand that's finally a good reason to start war (as there is no real reason now). Garden gems will become more important now. However you got the point that once you reach level 100 in craft you should be able to craft legendary for self and a friend (or friends).

Instead of limiting this to once ever i think Ankama should rewise and make it possible as many times as we want. However the material necessary to get should be hard to get. Let's say 1% drop rate from UB. This will make it possible to get drop from other player and craft it for another one or self. 1% is an example it all depends on the power of legendary item. Another idea is that they could make materials necesarry to get legendary item available from Almanax! So we would need to do several daily quests (maybe it will even take us months) but we would be able to get it one day. This will however mean that having 5 characters on 1 account we would be able to get 5 materials so most likely we could get 5 legendary items. This is not a perfect solution but obviously something better can be done then "once ever".

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté October 13, 2012, 19:55:34 | #33
Ankama will probably at some point increess the craft lvl cap, so you might get another chance to make a legendary item.

Also I know some people who are lvl 10 and have lvl 100 crafts, so they can't be agroed. Some people just focus on craft whistle some just focus on fighting.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-09-18
posté October 13, 2012, 21:56:18 | #34
i hope the exp craft cap for need to level up not change .

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté October 14, 2012, 10:37:11 | #35

Quote (Troyle @ 12 October 2012 11:46) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 12 October 2012 08:11) *

Actually, they will.
The whole point is to promote crafting and help the economy by allowing players to sell their Legendary items.
oh, ok. Thanks for the correction ^^
Just wondering - the crucify epaulettes show a re-balanced piece of equipment. Will the rebalance only effect the crafted versions, or will u just all-round revamp it - crafted or dropped?

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté October 15, 2012, 12:46:25 | #36
Im gona love this patch ^^

And thouse who wonder the lv of legendery items id liketo point out that lv 100 jewler can make lv 116 gear so theres good chance that legedenry items are all well over lv 100

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-08-15
posté October 15, 2012, 13:55:41 | #37
This is meant to promote crafting.

being able to craft multiple 'legendary' items wont promote crafting... Who would level a profession when they can just get their mate to do it?

once per lvl 100 profession is more than fair.

Besides, if you can craft many, its no longer a 'legendary' its just a lvl 100 craft.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-03-30
posté October 16, 2012, 08:41:59 | #38
Write your reply here

i hope they suxx
xD

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2008-08-23
posté October 25, 2012, 22:43:14 | #39
So excited to get my craft on!