Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Class Revamp - Foggernaut
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté September 12, 2013, 17:42:07 | #21
also... how does stasis shield work exactly? like blood pac?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-03
posté September 12, 2013, 17:54:51 | #22
This is a positive change. I like most of it.

I was hoping to see a change to the stasis mechanic, though. Still not a fan of the average of all damages.

Also, I think that if you're going to spend a wakfu point on flame fervor you should be entitled to backstab damage for the last remaining bit of AP...

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté September 12, 2013, 18:07:00 | #23
THAT IS AMAZING !!

Gonna spend a week in the training room

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-05-18
posté September 12, 2013, 18:55:04 | #24
Cool buff an already op class that doesn't need a buff awesome

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté September 12, 2013, 19:06:24 | #25
Im interested, love these changes but i wonder if we lose hp with stasis spells while in foggernator or lose base dmg

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - September 12, 2013, 19:06:41.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-09
posté September 12, 2013, 19:45:07 | #26
I'm happy with this and can't wait to test it out. A week will give me what i need of my fogger

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté September 12, 2013, 19:45:43 | #27
Love these changes fogger will be the perfect partner for my mask even more so now

posté September 12, 2013, 20:24:32 | #28
Looks like a great FECA revamp...

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté September 12, 2013, 20:31:49 | #29
A lot depends on the incoming damages, but with the level of disengage and travel/distance that a fogger can help a team travel, along with its tankability, and any multi-branch build will likely have some intense roll coverage for a team.

I love the concept, I just fear there may be a few overpowering aspects, but like everyone says, we have to see values/costs before we can properly judge anything.

Earth in offensive seems boring, but the support/defensive parts are really cool.

Fire's Ranged focus along with how Flame Fervor will now work is pretty nice, a lot of potential with its already massive AoE control.

Stasis looks like it can still handle high damage output, but now has a nice support potential at the same time.

Like I said, Loving it, cant wait to get some more finalized values to understand just what potential power a Foggernaut can now have.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté September 12, 2013, 20:38:09 | #30
Great. Now please add a female foggernaut.

And stop giving us the excuse that they are genderless because they're androids. Works of fiction feature plenty of clearly gendered androids.

The UI clearly shows the female icon as greyed out when you select them. The real reason is because the fogger appears to be the only class in the game to use a custom sprite, every other class uses more or less the same base sprites, with some additional class-specific overlays. I understand it's more work to animate a new sprite, but MMOs are all about character customization, and many people don't want to play them the way they look right now.

Please? At least tell us if it's being considered? Give us some hope?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté September 12, 2013, 21:44:50 | #31
I'd have to agree with azalyn, though personally I wish you'd bring back human foggernauts, like the ones in Dofus. Otherwise, I think the changes are pretty spot on. As always, great work!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté September 12, 2013, 21:49:55 | #32

Quote (Nox16 @ 12 September 2013 17:42) *
also... how does stasis shield work exactly? like blood pac?

This passive spell will replace Painless Steel. In addition to the HP bonus to the Foggernaut, this shield will provide an additional bonus of 8% per ally present in battle. However, the Foggernaut will suffer from 0.5 up to 10% of the maximum of HP lost by his allies.

It looks like the passive will have the same bonus health per ally effect as Blood Pact for Sacrier, but instead of losing health when allies die the Foggernaut will redirect 10% (at max rank) of damage taken by allies throughout the battle to yourself.

I like these changes overall. I had hoped for Fogginator to become more strategic in managing in-battle resources to counterbalance the bonus AP, MP, and range but I guess a bonus to all three elements is better than how it works right now. Cybot becoming a utility summon is great for non-stasis builds.

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté September 12, 2013, 22:22:26 | #33
Does this mean every Fogger who wants to go Painless Steel has to get pidgeonholed into taking damage for teammates?

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-21
posté September 12, 2013, 22:29:00 | #34

Quote (coolcorey @ 12 September 2013 18:55) *
Cool buff an already op class that doesn't need a buff awesome

I respectfully disagree with this post. These changes are looking pretty fine.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté September 12, 2013, 22:29:17 | #35
Taking damage for allies - that passive should be Sacrier one.
Redirecting dmg to the summoned toys - that passive should be Sadida one.

I don't get it: why you nerf/ruin classes just to make your newly created class (Foggernaut) shine? That just makes me mad.

All the other ideas you gave are nice, but those 2 are not for the Foggernaut if you ask me.

However i know i will be ignored and you will implement all you have stated here no matter what we say.... i feel that our feedback is pointless whether we agree with it or not.

Why can't you just make something oryginal for Foggernaut instead and keep Sacrier job to Sacrier and Sadida oryginal design to Sadida? Why you... ruin everything? Now with these changes to Foggernaut i will feel like creating one for that link to summoned toys, wich i used to love in Sadida before it got revamped. And then again i fear that you will remove it again from Foggernaut class once i hit high lvl , just to create new class with this ability by removing what was cool from other classes.

Seriously Ankama, you are doing it wrong.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - September 12, 2013, 22:30:24.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-12
posté September 12, 2013, 22:34:04 | #36
Wow!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté September 12, 2013, 23:20:02 | #37
There is something else i think you need to address, the stasis element does not currently give any stats or resist like another element would.

This is a significant weakness as they are missing out on about 90% resist in another element and also this damages the average damage a Foggernaught can achieve.

I have some different ideas for this, It could split its damage and resist over 4 elements, so if it would normally be 100 then each element would get 25.

You could also split it between water and air or give it to just air because it kinda looks like air but i think splitting it over 4 elements would be the most fitting for the stasis concept.

posté September 12, 2013, 23:24:52 | #38

Quote (sockstoyourdoor @ 12 September 2013 20:24) *
Looks like a great FECA revamp...
This is what it looked to me too..

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-01
posté September 12, 2013, 23:29:20 | #39

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 12 September 2013 22:29) *
Taking damage for allies - that passive should be Sacrier one.
Redirecting dmg to the summoned toys - that passive should be Sadida one.

I don't get it: why you nerf/ruin classes just to make your newly created class (Foggernaut) shine? That just makes me mad.

All the other ideas you gave are nice, but those 2 are not for the Foggernaut if you ask me.

However i know i will be ignored and you will implement all you have stated here no matter what we say.... i feel that our feedback is pointless whether we agree with it or not.

Why can't you just make something oryginal for Foggernaut instead and keep Sacrier job to Sacrier and Sadida oryginal design to Sadida? Why you... ruin everything? Now with these changes to Foggernaut i will feel like creating one for that link to summoned toys, wich i used to love in Sadida before it got revamped. And then again i fear that you will remove it again from Foggernaut class once i hit high lvl , just to create new class with this ability by removing what was cool from other classes.

Seriously Ankama, you are doing it wrong.
Because they're trying to make more than tank/healer/support/dps class. Sacriers are fine, Sadidas are fine.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté September 12, 2013, 23:51:10 | #40

Quote (Exeuntz @ 12 September 2013 23:29) *
Because they're trying to make more than tank/healer/support/dps class. Sacriers are fine, Sadidas are fine.
Say that again when they reduce all of your 300 base damage summons down to 30 base damage.