Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Guild Revamp
Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté June 02, 2013, 23:33:21 | #41
I would sincerely like to see proper scaling for points awarded for the level your guild currently is. Though we do not know it now, I'm going off of worst case scenario (to not disappoint myself) that a level 11 guild now will gain as much points as a level 20 guild now.

The amount of work needed to be invested to get a guild to level 11 is so little compared to how much XP has to be contributed to get to 20. That's the only thing that irks me. I'd like to see guilds be rewarded for investing so much into their guild.

• Mango

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté June 03, 2013, 00:37:25 | #42
If the reward for level 11 and 20 is the same maybe they'll compensate those who are level 20 with more fairyworks in the gift interface.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté June 03, 2013, 08:04:16 | #43
I don't like the way that low level guilds will be completely left out of the haven world bidding.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté June 03, 2013, 11:02:45 | #44
Am I the only one who doesn't see the link between low level and poor? How many low level elite guilds with under 20 very active, very strong and very rich players doesn't Remington count? I'm sure that those "low level guilds" have a lot more money then some high level guilds who spend their money on a much bigger player base as well as nation investments. But I guess I kind of agree in the case of low level and poor players who band together as a guild. However, won't they also have insufficient funds to build the haven world? The highest bidders probably have the best means to build a sophisticated haven world... it would be a waste if a small or non-rich guild would spend all their cash on a HW, but not being able to build & satisfy the community after that.

I am more concerned about Haven Worlds being the toys of Guild Leaders & Officers only. Won't that make (some) people leave their guilds so they can play with a world of their own? Not that I have seen it happen yet, but It's hard to satisfy everyone within a big guild....

Lead Game Designer * Member Since 2010-12-16
posté June 03, 2013, 14:24:40 | #45
Ok, wall of text incoming.

Guild points compensation

We’re still working on the values, but the main issue comes from the type of investment needed by the old guilds compared to the new ones.

For some, leveling up a guild to max lvl was very complicated and almost impossible, while for others it was just a formality.

There we have to give points based on the guild level, but cannot judge the precise investment it represented for each guild (and the gaming time).

I understand your concerns however, and I can tell you that the compensation with work separately regarding combat xp and craft xp. The Craft level will give more points than the combat level.

Note also that if you have an existing guild, it will be reset but:
  • Your storage will be unlocked
  • You will keep your guild emotes and insignias
  • You will keep your kamas and items in the storage

Concerning PP and Wisdom

We announced a temporary bonus, but there will also be a permanent PP and Wisdom bonus.

Ultimate Bosses

First, the initial system limited the amount of guild points generated by UBs to one of each type per week.

It was impossible to farm guild points by killing several Excarnus (it would have granted points to the guild only once a week), knowing that it wasn’t a personal objective, but rather a guild objective.

The idea behind adding guild points to the UBs was for them to impact the PvE ranking.

Here’s what we will do in the end:
  • UBs will no longer directly grant guild points
  • UBs will grant ranking points to the guild. Implementation expected in July with the PvP ranking
  • Each UB will grant a different amount of points, based on its difficulty
  • The amount of points generated by a same UB will be limited to three times, per guild.

You will not directly get the UB guild points. We will more consider it as an achievement. Points will be granted on the first down of a UB by the guild.

Then, each down will grant ranking points (with a weekly limitation).

Guild points and crafting

We know that crafting is less emphasized with this revamp.

This decision was made because it seemed important to base the new guilds on the investment players make for their own circle of friends (their guild).

I’d rather have a guild of 6 players playing together with a higher level than a guild of 10 players each playing on their own.

I’ll come back to this, but keep in mind that guilds will become a pillar of the game!

All in all, I must say that it is sadly difficult to quantify crafting in regards to its contribution to the guild. All we could do is reward it as a “solo” action, which would impact the system and defeat our main purpose.

Concerning the daily limitation, we decided to implement it in order to limit the amount of points big guilds could generate, and therefore prevent a “rush”.

If it turns out to be too restrictive, we will tweak it. However, before changing it, we will need global server stats.

I can already tell you that we have just decided to change the daily limitation into a weekly limitation, of 10 000 points per week.

I think many fears come from the back that you haven’t seen the costs.

Here are two examples:

• To own a Haven World, you guild has to be level 3. If you only spend your points in levels, it will cost you 800 points.
  • A guild that would buy all bonus of the first 3 levels (including the cost of the levels), will have spent 5500 points.

Guild Levels and bonuses

We want to keep the first levels very easy to reach. Haven Worlds are really not supposed to be hard to get.

To those concerned about the bonuses and guild levels, know that purchasing a new level doesn’t prevent you from buying bonuses from the previous levels. You will be able to buy the first three levels directly and then spend more points on levels.

To the question “will there be a possibility to buy more ranks with guild points”, the answer is yes, we will implement it but not in this update directly.

Also, as it was asked by many players, I can tell you that yes, we will add rights for each storage tab. We hope to be able to bring it right with the update.

Ranking points

As I said earlier, we will change the PvE ranking system, with the arrival of the PvP ranking and GvG. There are many rules that will impact this system, but we will have the opportunity to talk about it in more details in the next days.

Our intention is the place the guilds in the center of the game, and with them, the players. Once again, we will come back with more information later.

Here’s a preview of the main roles we want to give to guilds in WAKFU:
  • Conquest: Guilds will fight for a Nation and capture area of the game (based on the Prims system).
  • Contracts: The idea is to implement more quests in the quest panel in the Banks and Guild Halls. The better position in the PvE ranking the guild has, and the better the contracts!

These are only two of the main points, but I want to give you more matter when I say that guilds will be the driving force of WAKFU.

On a more practical side, we will implement a column in the guild interface displaying the amount of PvE and PvP ranking points provided by a player.

You will also receive a compensation in Guild Points, based on the combat and craft level of your guild. The craft level will provide more guild points.

Aza. 

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-01-30
posté June 03, 2013, 15:29:51 | #46
I approve the revamp but there is something that bothers me.

Conquest: Guilds will fight for a Nation and capture area of the game (based on the Prims system).
So our guilds will be linked to a nation then?
Won't we be able to attack others of the same nation?
What about the multi-nation guilds?

I like the revamp but I'm curius about these situations.

posté June 03, 2013, 18:34:18 | #47
"Conquest: Guilds will fight for a Nation and capture area of the game (based on the Prims system)."

Fight FOR a Nation -or- Fight OVER a Nation?

Which is it? Because if you're planning on making us soldiers by proxy of Nations, why don't you just get rid of Guilds?

I don't mind fighting with other Guilds for dominance over bonuses in, say, Amakna. But if you're going to have us fighting for Amakna, in it's wars, there's going to be a serious problem between the members of our Guild that don't belong to that Nation.

Let us struggle over local bonuses between one another's Guilds, fine. But if it's really going to be tied to a nation beyond local bonuses from Prisms, we are going to have serious issues.

Clarity please.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté June 07, 2013, 17:33:33 | #48

Quote (Azael @ 03 June 2013 14:24) *
Ok, wall of text incoming.

Guild points compensation

We’re still working on the values, but the main issue comes from the type of investment needed by the old guilds compared to the new ones.

For some, leveling up a guild to max lvl was very complicated and almost impossible, while for others it was just a formality.

There we have to give points based on the guild level, but cannot judge the precise investment it represented for each guild (and the gaming time).

I understand your concerns however, and I can tell you that the compensation with work separately regarding combat xp and craft xp. The Craft level will give more points than the combat level.

Will we be compensated for xp or just levels, if we are halfway though a craft level will we loss that half level?

Lead Game Designer * Member Since 2010-12-16
posté June 10, 2013, 12:07:07 | #49
Hi there,

I wanted to address some questions/concerns that I have seen a lot on the forums.

1. Crafting

We all agree that the current system isn’t really rewarding.

I started a discussion with the crafting guilds to find solutions that could place crafting right in the spotlight. I have an interesting idea that was mentioned there.

Also, the system itself isn’t adapted, and this is one of the reasons why we’re working on it. For example, we’re working on adding craft levels (and resources levels), unique resources, etc.

It’ll be part of a specific thread that should appear on the forums after the GvG update.

Concerning Handymen, we’re trying to give them more use with the Haven Worlds, by allowing them to craft doors, and later, dungeons blueprints (in July, and an exclusive dungeon in September/October).

2. Guilds

I personally don’t like the current system, where you need to sacrifice your experience.

The new mechanic should allow you to shape your guild as you like, with a system that can evolve by easily adding bonuses/rewards, and based on the group commitment (but still allowing solo actions for those who cannot easily participate in the group actions).

Yes, that means starting from scratch again (although you will get a compensation), and I understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately the new system is so different from the old one that there was just no alternative.

I’ll try to give you the list of bonuses this week, as well as the points and time cost for each improvement.

The goal is to give you an interesting base, different from other games, and coherent with what WAKFU is meant to be (the player’s decisions can influence the game). But of course, even with all the good will in the world, one couldn’t balance it perfectly and satisfy everyone.

That’s why I decided to go for an interesting base that could easily evolve, and see what your expectations are.

3. Non-subscribers

I’ve seen something with which I completely agree: Astrub is the non-subscriber area, but it doesn’t offer enough of the main features of WAKFU.

This will change! We’re working on Astrub, to change it completely in terms of geography as well as content.

I can already tell you that it will have an ecosystem, a main quest similar to what you’ll find on adventure islands (focused on the main story of WAKFU, the place of Ogrest, etc.) and we’re even thinking about politics and see how to implement the basic rules.

Another important thing: I don’t like “non-ecosystem” areas, such as mines, caves, etc. They will be revamped along time and receive their own ecosystem rules (even the Astrub sewers).

In short: the features that make WAKFU what it is will not be forgotten, and we want to take the time to make sure that each one of them has a more important place in the game, and bring a real gain for the players (the worst being two features conflicting with each other).

I won’t hide that some features are more complicated than others (WAKFU/Stasis for example).

Small reminder: Politics will be revamped at the end of the year, and as you will see, guilds will have a real important place in their Nations.

Aza.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-01-22
posté June 11, 2013, 08:30:32 | #50
i want to ask a question i am not sub right now so can i buy any building in heaven world or give the guild points or buy any thing from guild items??

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-12
posté June 12, 2013, 16:41:57 | #51
Looking forward to this! I've been waiting on haven worlds and a guild revamp for a very long time now!

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-15
posté June 16, 2013, 12:16:37 | #52
Well, this is definitely nice. Don't think I'll ever get a shot at owning a haven world but this is a decent compensation.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-06-10
posté June 18, 2013, 18:34:52 | #53
This is awesome. I guess it'll take some to time to grab a haven world, but the new guild level system is a great news!

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-06-27
posté June 26, 2013, 18:08:23 | #54
Oh hell yes.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté October 03, 2013, 08:35:13 | #55
Please, someone help me to understand ;-;
I cna't figure out how to actually SPEND my guild points??! I feel so dumb and think it must be easy, but I've tried everything. My guild has 1184 points and I'm still lvl 0. Nothing I click on DOES anything. I can accept quests, I can fiddle with members, I can deal with ranks... But nothing in the "Improvements" tab DOES ANYHING?? am I missing something?
I tried going to the Guild Bank, thought maybe I had to spend them there, but no I really have no clue what I'm missin.
In the Improvements tab, I hover my mouse over the scroll for the LVL 1 upgrade and it says "Buy this improvement" but I literally click on every pixel in the area and nothing happens..?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté October 03, 2013, 08:47:27 | #56
No need to necro an old thread, can just make a new one (which someone I believe answered you in that one).

You need to level up your guild. Simple as that.

If your guild is Level 0, you cannot buy level 1 stuff.

If you're level 1, you cannot buy level 2 stuff. Only level one.

If you've made it to 5, you can buy level 5 and under, but not level 6.

In the guild improvement/upgrade page, you level your guild at the top.

You can only purchase one upgrade at a time (unless you get the upgrade that lets you do two).

After you select an upgrade, you need to wait the amount of hours for the upgrade to take place before it is in effect and you can select another to upgrade.

- Kat

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté October 04, 2013, 02:42:00 | #57

Quote (kurokat @ 03 October 2013 08:47) *
No need to necro an old thread, can just make a new one (which someone I believe answered you in that one).

You need to level up your guild. Simple as that.

If your guild is Level 0, you cannot buy level 1 stuff.

If you're level 1, you cannot buy level 2 stuff. Only level one.

If you've made it to 5, you can buy level 5 and under, but not level 6.

In the guild improvement/upgrade page, you level your guild at the top.

You can only purchase one upgrade at a time (unless you get the upgrade that lets you do two).

After you select an upgrade, you need to wait the amount of hours for the upgrade to take place before it is in effect and you can select another to upgrade.

- Kat
That's just the thing though, like I say, nothing I click on activates anything.. I guess I must just be missing something stupidly simple... someone told me to click the area where it goes 0 -> 1 but still nothing happens. maybe I've got some kind of but or I'm just somehow not clicking right...

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-06-14
posté October 04, 2013, 03:15:38 | #58
here is a little guide
- If you are not guild leader,make sure you have permission to buying these bonus because only character with permission can do it
- you can only buying bonus from lvl which is equal or lower than you current guild lvl

enjoy :3