Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

WAKFU Animated Series: New Kickstarter Goal Challenge!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 08, 2014, 15:45:00 | #1
WAKFU Animated Series: New Kickstarter Goal Challenge! As the Kickstarter campaign continues to receive great support from our fans from all over the world, how can we describe the excitement at Ankama right now? And what new exciting goal or challenge may lie ahead for us... 

We can tell you all about employees frozen in front of their screens while looking at the Kickstarter page during their break, or those who are talking about your comments in the hallways, or even those who still can’t believe the excitement generated overseas by the series! But we will talk more about Tot, who every day, has done all the things we just mentioned...

Tot is the passionate kind. While devoted to his community, he also knows how to be frank with them. And we must recognize a quality in him, which is that he knows how to "rise to the challenge," when he gets the chance to do it. He has seen all your comments and responses and like the rest of us, at first he found it hard to realize that this is really happening... But as the wonder and amazement of your support sunk in, he proclaimed that it is our turn to show you how much we believe in our series and our heroes.

So how about giving Tot the opportunity to make another lasting impression, to create something new that will be part of WAKFU’s history?

OK, so let’s go further! And what if we offered you a new stretch goal, this one more ambitious than the previous ones? As you know, our dream is to keep our creative freedom and let our characters evolve beyond the rules of people with their eyes on the bottom line. We also think that Kickstarter is a very powerful tool that can help us achieve this goal.

So here it comes! Drum rolls…

We are offering you the chance to participate with us in creating an exclusive episode of Wakfu, without being tied to any broadcast television constraints.

You may wonder what the background story will be. We have several ideas in mind, including a prologue to WAKFU Season 3…!  And for this new stretch goal, we are raising the stakes up to $450,000 CAD. Will you be part of this challenge?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-07-10
posté February 08, 2014, 17:27:32 | #2
wow

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 08, 2014, 18:19:30 | #3
wow

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-07-14
posté February 08, 2014, 19:05:31 | #4
*wishes she had more money*

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-02-02
posté February 08, 2014, 19:59:03 | #5
Damn it.
These are exactly the kind of things that make me mourn my lack of money xP

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté February 08, 2014, 20:54:45 | #6
Why not a Metagame episode, like a vacation break, while our heroes stay and play a game, with the ourselves been a character, like a Table RPG, this can be fun, and a good marketing to the wakfu game. Can make them moving pieces in a board, and cutscenes showing places and character/enemies/bosses, like when they go to forfut and fight againts vampyro, and so on.

Can put another things, like 'what i would be?', and each one of character can focus on a piece of game, while tristepan will focus on fight and be stronger, others can focus on crafts, been richy with market, collect all sort of things, discover new places, make challenges, or even try politics... We can know about the wold of twelven, remmenber old things, and discover new things, while we laugh and ppl who still don't know the game, can be dragged to our world ^^

And maybe, just maybe, our game can be fun, like a cartoon series... And not just gring grind grind ^^

This post has been edited by AndersonMenezes - February 08, 2014, 20:57:21.
Reason for edit : misspelled
posté February 09, 2014, 00:33:35 | #7
Would be nice if Ankama was this excited about improving the game of Wakfu.

Well, hopefully getting the animation out there in English will help get more people on here playing, and thus more complaints and demands for quality game design and industry best practices.

We can hope.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-02
posté February 09, 2014, 01:27:41 | #8
$269.890 in 10 days , this is crazy

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté February 09, 2014, 02:10:46 | #9

Quote (giovani78 @ 09 February 2014 01:27) *
$269.890 in 10 days , this is crazy
Um, in 20 days... The campaign is running for 30 days in total.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté February 09, 2014, 02:11:22 | #10
I hope if they don't reach it in 10 days that maybe they'll offer this possibility again in the future... that goal is over double the amount that's current and things look like they're slowing down. I would like to offer money, but atm I'm pretty low on money... next year I'd probably have enough money saved to do over 4,000 so I really do hope they do this again.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-09-12
posté February 09, 2014, 08:10:24 | #11
I am so fricken excited. I really really want the Goultard Shirt, I can't find where to vote =___=

I made my pledge the first day lol I'm glad it's gotten so far!

I also read this wonderful forum thread (sarcasm), and I am still excited as fricken hell for the blu-rays. Years ago I commented to a friend that I would have bought them at a convention even if it was not subbed or dubbed, I just wanted to support the animated series. I really really really hope that Ankama is able to reach out to Cartoon Network or at least Netflix and Hulu.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté February 09, 2014, 13:45:49 | #12

Quote (Morgzillas @ 09 February 2014 08:10) *
I am so fricken excited. I really really want the Goultard Shirt, I can't find where to vote =___=
In the comments. Though I'm not sure if you can vote in the comments section itself or in some update comments. Maybe you should look through the updates.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté February 09, 2014, 15:55:22 | #13
At the end they will send out a survey to vote on what shirt to make.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 09, 2014, 19:42:40 | #14
An episode where Yugo and Amalia get a little closer would be okay in my eyes.

EDIT: Just backed $250 CAD. Here's hoping for the dubbing of the upcoming OVAs! I'd like to get more friends hooked on Wakfu; I keep telling them it's the french equivalent of Avatar the Last Airbender, but they always get put off by the language barrier. I don't blame them for not wanting to spend an entire show reading subtitles.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 09, 2014, 19:58:39.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-15
posté February 10, 2014, 04:16:04 | #15

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 09 February 2014 00:33) *

Well, hopefully getting the animation out there in English will help get more people on here playing, and thus more complaints and demands for quality game design and industry best practices.

We can hope.

Except the fact that the people who make the game is an entirely different branch of Ankama than the ones who work on the animated series.

There's hardly any communication between them since they're clearly not viding for the same team.

Also, this is their first kickstarter, so of course they're going to seem excited about it. What you're saying can be compared to "Man, I wish my parents would be excited about improving the entertainment system in my house that doesn't even have the foundation laid out yet." Give things a chance. Look at the Dofus forums for guidance, the game was headed absolutely nowhere in the first few years, then everything picked up and now they're trucking out new content monthly.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté February 10, 2014, 05:39:59 | #16

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 10 February 2014 04:16) *

We can hope.

Except the fact that the people who make the game is an entirely different branch of Ankama than the ones who work on the animated series.

There's hardly any communication between them since they're clearly not viding for the same team.

Also, this is their first kickstarter, so of course they're going to seem excited about it. What you're saying can be compared to "Man, I wish my parents would be excited about improving the entertainment system in my house that doesn't even have the foundation laid out yet." Give things a chance. Look at the Dofus forums for guidance, the game was headed absolutely nowhere in the first few years, then everything picked up and now they're trucking out new content monthly.
Actually this is at the very least their second kickstarter. They had a Krozmaster one before this to get the game made into a real life board game. It is probably the reason they decided on doing it again since it was successful before.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-15
posté February 10, 2014, 06:54:49 | #17

Quote (Pakonitan @ 10 February 2014 05:39) *

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 10 February 2014 04:16) *

We can hope.

Actually this is at the very least their second kickstarter. They had a Krozmaster one before this to get the game made into a real life board game. It is probably the reason they decided on doing it again since it was successful before.
The Krosmaster Kickstarter was run by Japanime games, not Ankama, and it wasn't to make the game in real life, Krosmaster had been out almost a year in advance in France, it was to get the game translated and published in the US. If you look back into the news thread you will see it confirmed that this is Ankama's first forte into Kickstarter.

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - February 10, 2014, 06:56:23.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-01-09
posté February 11, 2014, 10:17:34 | #18
Can't wait. I've loved wakfu since the first betas and want to fill in the story XD.
Thanks to Ankama for being awesome.

Love from australia

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-28
posté February 11, 2014, 15:23:25 | #19
God, stop asking for money. Enough already. Are you guys that pathetic?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-07
posté February 11, 2014, 17:08:26 | #20
you mean wakfu in america?