Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

MULTIMAN: concept and how to get them
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté November 19, 2013, 19:10:00 | #1
MULTIMAN: concept and how to get them They’re coming, and they’re about to change your gameplay experience forever! Multiman is a sidekick system that allows you to control one or several characters in addition to yours! A super-bonus for those who play solo, a new way of dominating dungeons for guilds – a little revolution in WAKFU! And it's coming December 10...

The Multimen are the first characters to introduce the sidekick system to WAKFU. When you call them, Lumino, Skale, Krobax, Trank, Beelzebug, and Shadow will leap to your aid, under your direction! And this will just bring a fresh new way of experiencing the game, and develop new strategies.

Who are they?

6 Multimen, 6 Dofus... you do the math! These Vigilantes are hybrid creatures created from monsters and the magic of the Dofus. Ereziah Melkewel created them:
  • Firefoux + Ivory Dofus = Lumino
  • Red Scaraleaf + Crimson Dofus = Beelzebug 
  • Shark + Turquoise Dofus = Skale 
  • Crobak + Emerald Dofus = Krobax 
  • Treechnid + Ochre Dofus = Trank 
  • Ereziah's Shadow + Ebony Dofus = Shadow 

Each Multiman also has his own powers. You'll know more soon...

What is a Sidekick exactly?

A Sidekick fights alongside adventurers, is controlled by the player and counts as a character during a fight. Note that they won’t be usable in PvP.

Sidekicks can be equipped with all the same gear as a player's character, with no restrictions besides levels.

A character can control up to two Sidekicks at once in a fight.

The Sidekicks win experience but can't become more powerful than your character.

Sidekicks can be exchanged between players via the Marketplaces.

How does one acquire a Sidekick?

The first Sidekicks will be the Multimen. You can obtain them on the Boutique or via subscription offers.

In order to first be able to test a Multiman, you will get to test them for free ingame. The multiman available for free will change each week, and allow you to test Lumino, Skale, Krobax, Trank, Beelzebug and Shadow one after the other, if your account has a running subscription.

A seventh Sidekick will be available entirely for free ingame: the Astrub Mercenary! Getting him will be easy; you’ll only need to complete a quest in Astrub!

How to get them

Beelzebug, Skale, Krobax, and Trank:
The elemental Multimen will be sold separately in the Boutique starting from December 10th:
  • 5800 Ogrines each
  • 9000 Ogrines for 2 Elementary Multimen
  • 14000 Ogrines for all 4 Elementary Multimen

Lumino
The “Light” Multiman will be offered with 6 month subscription (additionally to the usual gifts).

Shadow
The “Darkness” Multiman will be offered with 1 year subscription (additionally to the usual gifts).

Why not asking us in a Poll like in DOFUS?

The Sidekick feature will be quite different in DOFUS and WAKFU. We chose precise acquisition means that would better fit what we have in mind for the game. Also, development of this model is already well advanced and modify it now could have a direct impact on the quality of the content.

Don’t forget that you’ll get the possibility to test this feature with the Mercenary of Astrub, and the weekly testing available with the Multimen.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté November 19, 2013, 19:23:42 | #2
Oh, wow, I was expecting a very similar system to the Dofus one. Not only do you have to level them, but they will also need gear. Hope Sidekicks can also drop loot for you, and that they can be as strong as characters due to these requirements.

What about the Ankama Office video?

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté November 19, 2013, 19:35:29 | #3
my biggest concern is wether im going to have to buy a new sub just to get one if im already a subber... i bought a year sub already i dont really like buying the monthly ones so will i just get a free shadow or what?

Oh also what slot do these guys fit in... pet?

posté November 19, 2013, 19:36:41 | #4
You can see the first episode of Ankama Office on the DOFUS website:
Click here

We didn't publish it here as it is more of an introduction to the poll published on DOFUS, and therefore not applicable to WAKFU.

posté November 19, 2013, 19:37:42 | #5

Quote (Nox16 @ 19 November 2013 19:35) *
my biggest concern is wether im going to have to buy a new sub just to get one if im already a subber... i bought a year sub already i dont really like buying the monthly ones so will i just get a free shadow or what?

It works like subscription gifts. It will only apply to new subscriptions.

Miss Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté November 19, 2013, 19:44:40 | #6
So, there can be up to 12 characters in a fight?

posté November 19, 2013, 19:47:31 | #7

Quote (aurevoirmika @ 19 November 2013 19:44) *
If you read above, you will notice it says they count as a character slot in a group. So no, only 6 characters in a fight.

posté November 19, 2013, 19:48:02 | #8

Quote (aurevoirmika @ 19 November 2013 19:44) *

No, the Sidekicks will take one character slot in a group.

So you can still have only up to 6 characters.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté November 19, 2013, 19:55:07 | #9
NO!
NO!
NO!

posté November 19, 2013, 20:08:34 | #10
Wow this seems really awesome.

Finally something useful for us solo accounters and just generally people who don't have an amazeballs computer and a ton of accounts

Just curious, the Free Trial ones, will the equipment we put on them disappear after the one week rotation is ended?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-07-17
posté November 19, 2013, 20:13:41 | #11
Right, so that Ogrine thing was OK. Sure, you were trying in your own special way to make things fair and spice it up. But this is over the top. Not ONLY do you not provide a poll (Dofus even has both Wakfu and Dofus team members suggestions, why can't we?) but you FORCE us on Wakfu to BUY them! On Dofus, either way, you will get at the very least ONE sidekick (The Dofus ''Way'' means you get two FREE In-Game via achievements, which I see as viable for Wakfu). Wakfu's team member (Azael) wants you to BUY them ALL (You get one COMPLETLY random non Multiman releated Sideckick instead. Whoop!... NOT). Why NOT give us the option? Because Azael dosen't want our opinion? Because he KNOWS we want the cheapest but funnest and interesting option? I'm trying my hardest to contain my mixed emotion. I saw the title and thought: ''Oh cool, another poll! I hope Wakfu gets some cool options too.'' and came here... I really hope they think that through, and not force us. Ankama is treating Dofus like a superior, in some cases it may be, but you have to think of both communities and games opinions. If you offer a nice smooth option for one playerbase, why not the other? Its blasphemy! I'd prefer... ''Poupik'' s option any day! If you guys haven't seen his/her proposal, please check it out. You won't be happy. There is also a funny little animation/slideshow about your comments about things such as the Ogrine system, made me LOL! So sorry for this wall of text (generally pure hatred... ) and hope this won't get invisied or whatever you call it. Thanks again for reading this.

-Firlow- (Wakfu/Dofus Player and Real Cash Subscriber)

This post has been edited by Magma-Moon - November 19, 2013, 20:15:28.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-27
posté November 19, 2013, 20:34:34 | #12
it will really help solo player to play alone with their puppet "le Multiman"
still they will took the slot for other player to play with..

and it will be a lil' pay to win thing.. in my opinion

well lets see,

The Multimen are the first characters to introduce the sidekick system to WAKFU.

so will other kind of multimen come later in the future?

posté November 19, 2013, 20:39:46 | #13

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 19 November 2013 20:13) *
Right, so that Ogrine thing was OK. Sure, you were trying in your own special way to make things fair and spice it up. But this is over the top. Not ONLY do you not provide a poll (Dofus even has both Wakfu and Dofus team members suggestions, why can't we?) but you FORCE us on Wakfu to BUY them! On Dofus, either way, you will get at the very least ONE sidekick (The Dofus ''Way'' means you get two FREE In-Game via achievements, which I see as viable for Wakfu). Wakfu's team member (Azael) wants you to BUY them ALL (You get one COMPLETLY random non Multiman releated Sideckick instead. Whoop!... NOT). Why NOT give us the option? Because Azael dosen't want our opinion? Because he KNOWS we want the cheapest but funnest and interesting option? I'm trying my hardest to contain my mixed emotion. I saw the title and thought: ''Oh cool, another poll! I hope Wakfu gets some cool options too.'' and came here... I really hope they think that through, and not force us. Ankama is treating Dofus like a superior, in some cases it may be, but you have to think of both communities and games opinions. If you offer a nice smooth option for one playerbase, why not the other? Its blasphemy! I'd prefer... ''Poupik'' s option any day! If you guys haven't seen his/her proposal, please check it out. You won't be happy. There is also a funny little animation/slideshow about your comments about things such as the Ogrine system, made me LOL! So sorry for this wall of text (generally pure hatred... ) and hope this won't get invisied or whatever you call it. Thanks again for reading this.

You should hold your complaining until after we know all the details about the sidekick system in Wakfu. In Dofus they are watered down characters who adjust to your level and have no gear. In Wakfu you need to level them and give them gear. This more than likely means that the sidekicks in Wakfu will be closer to the strength of a player, all but with less spell options, since you will basically have to grow your sidekick like you would a character. So if the sidekick becomes a good alternative for a player in Wakfu, unlike Dofus, having Azael's option is not bad at all since you will basically be paying for a character that you will only have to pay a small amount of cash for one time instead of paying for a subscription every month. Of course if the sidekicks are not even close to how good players are, which seems rather bad given that you have to level them and give them gear, you will have a right to complain since not only will they be very watered down, like Dofus, but also need to be leveled and geared, along with having to buy everyone of them. Thus, no one will bother with them since it would be better to spend your kamas elsewhere instead of gear for sidekicks. But until we know you cannot complain.

posté November 19, 2013, 20:44:42 | #14
So happy about this idea, omg the theorycrafting possibilities!

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté November 19, 2013, 20:45:27 | #15
Im honestly very interested in this... im upset that i dont get a free one but i think i may either buy shadow *depends on the roles i guess each one does* or try them all out for free and then maybe buy one or wait for when i buy a year sub again.... i think this could help alot and would make doing dungeons and things easier depends on the multi men and how strong they are or the different roles they can preform. I mean who needs to find a eni when we can summon one... who needs a panda when we can summon one... this can help alot of people fill slots that people need a certain class for. I wouldnt mind leveling them up either depends do they level up like makas? or do they need to actually be in the fight. Im very interested in learning more about these.

Also the creator of these multimen... the name ive heard from the dofus cartoon idk if he is a figure in teh dofus game but can we get more info on him possibly and how/ why he created such things... also apparently made his shadow one.

This post has been edited by Nox16 - November 19, 2013, 20:47:14.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté November 19, 2013, 20:49:21 | #16
make the use to multiman to a quest. i give ankama not a Abonement over 1 year! this is this firma not worth

posté November 19, 2013, 20:50:19 | #17

Quote (krishsakti @ 19 November 2013 20:34) *
and it will be a lil' pay to win thing.. in my opinion
The system is like buying a character you only have to pay a one time fee for rather than buying a subscription every month, all but more restrictive when it comes to spells. Secondly, they take up a character slot. They are in no way p2w. P2w means you pay cash to have a direct advantage over another player, and that these items will make you have to pay a lot of in-game currency to get if you do not want to pay real cash. Sidekicks will not give you a direct advantage at all in-game since they function as a character. They are not a summon. So no advantage there since it is a system allowing you to have three characters on one client instead of three characters on three clients. It is to help those that cannot afford three subscriptions and or do not have the machine to perform three clients. Lastly, boutique items are dirt cheap in-game. So, in summary, buying sidekicks is no where near p2w territory.

posté November 19, 2013, 20:52:17 | #18

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 19 November 2013 20:39) *

You should hold your complaining until after we know all the details about the sidekick system in Wakfu. In Dofus they are watered down characters who adjust to your level and have no gear. In Wakfu you need to level them and give them gear. This more than likely means that the sidekicks in Wakfu will be closer to the strength of a player, all but with less spell options, since you will basically have to grow your sidekick like you would a character. So if the sidekick becomes a good alternative for a player in Wakfu, unlike Dofus, having Azael's option is not bad at all since you will basically be paying for a character that you will only have to pay a small amount of cash for one time instead of paying for a subscription every month. Of course if the sidekicks are not even close to how good players are, which seems rather bad given that you have to level them and give them gear, you will have a right to complain since not only will they be very watered down, like Dofus, but also need to be leveled and geared, along with having to buy everyone of them. Thus, no one will bother with them since it would be better to spend your kamas elsewhere instead of gear for sidekicks. But until we know you cannot complain.
Well, i'm frankly complaining, see? Says it right there. Anyway, I highly doubt they're temporary items or ''Pets''. Sorry, but I would like to see where they specifically say that they have no gear and are ''watered down'' in Dofus. Please?

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté November 19, 2013, 20:52:44 | #19

Hi Magma-Moon,

We understand that having two different news about the same subject can be confusing and comparing them both is normal especially when it comes to how to obtain that new feature.

But I want to remind you guys that this new feature isn't going to work the same for Dofus and Wakfu. There will be different options in the use of the Multiman on Wakfu compared to Dofus and you actually will have more options to get them for free which is actually more tailored to the content itself and Wakfu.

Remember in our Wakfu options you will get to have the free Astrub Mercenary and you will be able to test different Multiman for free wekly, therefore you will get to have a taste of them all to help you better decide which one you might want to have.

The Wakfu options that we decided on were basically the ones that at the end allows the Wakfu community to have a taste of all the Multiman by testing them weekly for free, as the Multiman feature is different for Wakfu than Dofus, and we are adding a free Multiman to obtain quite easily. The boutique purchase and the Subscription option are also added options to try to reach as many of you as possible.

But we will come back with more information on the "Wakfu" Multiman as we get close to the release on December 10th.

posté November 19, 2013, 20:56:53 | #20

Quote (Sabi @ 19 November 2013 20:52) *

Hi Magma-Moon,

We understand that having two different news about the same subject can be confusing and comparing them both is normal especially when it comes to how to obtain that new feature.

But I want to remind you guys that this new feature isn't going to work the same for Dofus and Wakfu. There will be different options in the use of the Multiman on Wakfu compared to Dofus and you actually will have more options to get them for free which is actually more tailored to the content itself and Wakfu.

Remember in our Wakfu options you will get to have the free Astrub Mercenary and you will be able to test different Multiman for free wekly, therefore you will get to have a taste of them all to help you better decide which one you might want to have.

The Wakfu options that we decided on were basically the ones that at the end allows the Wakfu community to have a taste of all the Multiman by testing them weekly for free, as the Multiman feature is different for Wakfu than Dofus, and we are adding a free Multiman to obtain quite easily. The boutique purchase and the Subscription option are also added options to try to reach as many of you as possible.

But we will come back with more information on the "Wakfu" Multiman as we get close to the release on December 10th.

Hi there Sabi! Thanks, i'm going to come out and say thats cleared some things up. Still hoping, however, that this won't become a bit of a mess. I'm a solo player and don't find it easy to find team-mates, so I am excited for this in general. Just that little thing I had to get out of my system, and its NOT Mush'd Spit.