FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

WAKFU now on Ubuntu!

By #[Troyle]#5413 July 12, 2013, 17:30:01
DevTracker Announcements
Here’s something for all the Linuxians out there: WAKFU is now available in the Ubuntu Software Center!You can now download the Ubuntu version of WAKFU on the page Ubuntu apps directory!

If you’re a Ubuntu user, we invite you to download this version and let us know what you think about it. If you want to support us, you can of course rate the application in the Ubuntu software center!

We will also add a download link directly on our download page.

To learn more about the Ubuntu Software Center here.

Have fun!
0 0
First Ankama intervention
Score : 31074
Yes, Ubuntu users get the new launcher before anyone else!

But don't worry, the others should get their hands on it very soon. wink
See message in context
0 0
Reactions 30
Score : 306
muhahahaha . Thx ankama biggrin 
0 0
Score : 12214
wait are they getting the new launcher thing as well? ..... you guys talk about it ages ago im curious on the details on when we will get it
0 0
Score : 4022
Is that the new Launcher in that picture?
0 0
Score : 31074
Yes, Ubuntu users get the new launcher before anyone else!

But don't worry, the others should get their hands on it very soon. wink
0 0
Score : 151
Awesomeness!! Can't leave Linux right now.
0 0
Score : 192
This is Awesome !!

more to come.

I already have Wakfu on Ubuntu eve before this so t his is a good thing keep it up ankama.
0 0
Score : 1276
This is all fine and dandy for us Linux users, but... how long until we can actually play Krosmaster from within the game without the whole thing crashing? I know you're bound on that regard to the Flash player, but still. :c
0 0
Score : 1394
Anyone know if there is any performance increase in Ubuntu vs windows? I.E. running two clients in windows is laggy, would I see a performance boost in Ubuntu since it uses less memory?
0 0
Score : 11
Is this any different from the linux version you already offer? Does playing Krosmaster from inside the game finally work or.....?
0 0
Score : 144
Well ... yeah, great, just using wakfu like few weeks on ubuntu, but it is good news anyway smile
0 0
Score : 163
FurmentalAlchemy|2013-07-12 21:09:46
This is all fine and dandy for us Linux users, but... how long until we can actually play Krosmaster from within the game without the whole thing crashing? I know you're bound on that regard to the Flash player, but still. :c
I was worried until I was able to try it as well. Krosmaster works as intended when accessed from within the game interface. Did you get the same?
0 0
Score : 851
I've been playing on Linux since beta. Back then there was an annoying issue with the NA installer, and we had to use the FR one to install the game. But apart from that it's worked pretty reliably. Krosmaster is the only thing that never worked in-game.

I don't use Ubuntu, so this doesn't affect me, but I hope this means Linux-specific bugs will be addressed in a more timely manner. Also I hope they don't switch to making it exclusive to Ubuntu...

Tk420|2013-07-14 15:14:23
FurmentalAlchemy|2013-07-12 21:09:46
I was worried until I was able to try it as well. Krosmaster works as intended when accessed from within the game interface. Did you get the same?

Eh? Krosmaster is working for you? Are you using the new Ubuntu version from the software center?

I tried it just the other day and it still crashes Wakfu when you try to launch it in-game. Same with the in-game cash shop (both features use an in-game browser session, so the two are likely related).
0 0
Score : 218
We will investigate the issues regarding KMA and the in-game browser.
It may just well be some missing dependency
0 0
Score : 5993
About krosmaster(xulrunner) on linux-we already talk about it here Click here in bugs section.

Al same-it work random,one "linux" work good with one version of xulrunner,other "linux" no.
Same on ubuntu...
0 0
Thanks for the input.
0 0
Score : -191
nice, to everyone who has Ubuntu- Its show time biggrin
0 0
Consider leaving a review on Ubuntu Software center to show your support to Wakfu and Linux gaming.

Thanks, and have fun in game !
0 0
Score : 5993
Ourson|2013-07-14 21:51:33
Consider leaving a review on Ubuntu Software center to show your support to Wakfu and Linux gaming.

Thanks, and have fun in game !
I dont use Ubuntu.And I show my support to wakfu on linux by p2p.

Also will be nice if wakfu come to steam.
0 0
Score : 24
The only problem i used to have with Wakfu on Linux was about the Adobe AIR discontinued, and the need of x86 libs on the x64 system.
0 0
Respond to this thread