Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Niddhoggy's profile
Statistics
495 Posts (0.42 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté April 18, 2014, 01:24:33 | #1
I see a point in prevent Sadidas from controlling their dolls always, it may bring a lot of issue in certain fights if the Sadida ends up lagging.

It is really nice to have the control option over summons, but it pretty much destroys the possibility of having control-type spells and builds. Take Osas for instance, they are able to control their summons for just 1 AP for almost no penalty, what happened? Ankama removed the quite interesting idea of commands (they were just bad developed, but they had such a great potential).

Maybe, if there was a passive that basically gave the Sadida 100% chance to control all dolls around him (area of effect of size 2, circle) at the end of every turn it could be somehow balanced xD it would bring also some sort of tactical aspect when fighting close to their dolls.

Edit:

For¨those who think Sadidas should all be oriented into summons, I think you may be precipitated. One of the main reasons that have led the Sadida to be so unsuccessful was the fact that they have always been trying to balance the class thinking of it as summoner. I am not a fan of Lone Sadida, I really think that it is a poorly designed passive. The class could be much more better if they enhanced the summoner role without forcing players into it, I mean, there could be builds that use summons just in some specific situations.

But well, that's my opinion.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - April 18, 2014, 01:30:22.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #717459  Replies : 27  Views : 901
posté April 10, 2014, 14:27:31 | #2
I am saying that in Dofus dolls are for support and not damage. If they buffed our spells, brought some other strategy to the class rather than just improving the doll spam (like plants previously suggested) and left dolls just for support (and with a cheap cost) I would be all in for this idea.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #713925  Replies : 37  Views : 488
posté April 10, 2014, 13:19:37 | #3
@Neneko

Watch out. Dolls in Dofus serve in a complete (much better) purpose than in Wakfu. Dolls in Dofus don't do damage, they just annoy, block line of sight, boost allie's MP, heals and reduces MP of enemies. The only doll that deals damage is sacrificial and it is kinda restricted, pretty much works like a simple damage spell that does indirect damage. Let's say that 99% of the damage dealt comes from the Sadida. That is what in fact should have been done to wakfu since the beginning, dolls are not really supposed to do damage... but they gave it to us and now if they take it away some Sadis will go screaming that they have ruined Sadidas. I'd really rather see myself as doing decent damage while my dolls (buffed, but not doing damage) would help me stay alive in a fight... Like maddoll taking 2 AP, 2 MP again, blocks with a lot of HP, inflatables healing and buffing allies, greedies deleted or replaced by another doll... and so on. All with max 2~3 AP cost...

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - April 10, 2014, 13:22:16.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #713905  Replies : 37  Views : 488
posté April 10, 2014, 00:22:42 | #4
It is not hard at all to program... you guys are thinking in the hardest way.

The merging spell would simply kill the targeted doll and buff the attacker doll :|

For example:

Merging
0 AP
1-1 Range
Kills the Target
Must be cast on a doll of the same type
Enters in Grouped +1 (max +2)
Gains 100% of the Doll's HP
Gains 100% of the dolls damage
Gains 100% of the dolls AP
Gains 60% of the dolls MP

Grouped +1: 2 dolls
Grouped +2: 3 dolls

Not that hard as you make it look like xD plus we already have something similar like the crackler little summons. And I agree with Rokugatsu, this argument is not really valid.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #713759  Replies : 37  Views : 488
posté April 08, 2014, 16:23:18 | #5
@Kikui

You are being a little mistaken about the bugs. Everything they add in game are susceptible to bugs. If they work well on that they can clearly polish this idea into something really useful and away from bugs.

Plus this is complete optional, the Sadidas that like that aspect of vomiting dolls in the battlefield will still be able to do that, while those who feel not like doing that have something to stay with.

Secondly, you cant ignore an idea just because you don't feel comfortable with it. The idea is quite powerful and many players found it interesting, plus if it gets the attention of a dev we might get decent updates in the future for this class that has been forgotten for a while...

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #713197  Replies : 37  Views : 488
posté April 08, 2014, 16:05:38 | #6
That is a great idea. Actually, the best one I have seen in a while in this forum. It can be easily developed to be something balanced, like the aspect that was pointed about damage, hp and number of dolls.

If dolls were controllable Sadidas would get an entire new interesting strategy, I mean, if you can control dolls you can choose when to spread or to join them together, that might come in hand in certain fights. Also, If you join 3 blocks, they will move faster, have higher HP and lock, but they won't block LoS as they should, therefore when you reach the enemy you just spread the dolls!

That is really I nice idea... doesn't remove the doll spam aspects for those who don't care about annoyance in fights but makes it possible for those who care about that to avoid being too annoying during team fights.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #713187  Replies : 37  Views : 488
posté March 28, 2014, 01:07:37 | #7
I just logged in and I noticed my Bow Meow has disappeared from my Trank aswell.

Thread : 1.32 Bug Reports  Preview message : #707095  Replies : 5  Views : 138
posté March 18, 2014, 12:35:25 | #8
Boosting the HP is nice, but I still see charges as the best solution as they are neutral when it comes to resistances, therefore it's easier to balance. The solution may be to forget about that -1 charge per turn and make them only lose charges when attacks are received.

Just a thought:

• The Block: 5 charges
  • The Inflatable: 4 charges
  • The Greedy: 4 charges
  • The Maddoll: 3 charges
  • The Lethargic: 3 charges
  • The Ultra Powerful: 4 charges
  • The Sacrificial Doll: 2 charges, chromatic damage.

The Sadida could have then an active named Sewing, that increases the number of sewing points of a doll by one. Dolls could have a passive that make them stronger the more dolls are present in the battlefield, like a swarm effect xD

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #693805  Replies : 26  Views : 956
posté March 16, 2014, 06:24:35 | #9
One thing, Sinistro spam is a very good option in certain fights, you can have some sort of map control plus they do good damage. It is fun but its not because it is fun that I am actually using it, it is fun because it is useful and not boring as the current brainless Xelor's Punishment spam builds we have out there.

Dolls are supposed to be weak, in fact, that is what saddens me. I cant think of a strong doll really, the role of strong summons relies to Osamodas. The issue is that Sadidas have always been around with the doll spam idea, which is not welcome in most fights, as dolls tend to bring more trouble than anything else, since most players don't know how to use them and tend to think that having 6 dolls of the same kind is smart and cool. That's not like that and do not expect them to add overpowered dolls.

However, if they were so cheap and had those sewing points, I could see it getting to somewhere. I mean, great part of the damage would come from the Sadida, while dolls would remain with the distracting/blocking/taunting/destabilizing role. Sadly, there is no way of making dolls powerful without restricting the number of dolls present in a fight and it doesn't make sense really, dolls are... dolls. Not dragons, ice cracklers or black wabbits. Sewing points are also good because they are not based in you HP and in high level content your dolls do not get killed in one shot! Sinistros with 3 charges can last two turns which is great. Dolls could last a lot longer with sewing points if, for example, Sic'hem'more restored 1~2 charges directly for a cheap cost.

Furthermore, I do not have any issue with charges at all because Xelors tend to have high AP, so I can pretty much summon 3-4 sinistros in a single turn. They don't last long, but they last long enough to be effective and sometimes even change the fate of a fight. In the case of Sadidas, just decrease the total cost of summoning dolls to 3 or 2 AP...

Note: I emphasize that most players ignore the potential of charge based summons. They are good in every situation and this would simply be amazing for Sadidas, since they can summon lots of them and they would not get killed in a single shot.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - March 16, 2014, 06:27:31.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #692901  Replies : 26  Views : 956
posté March 13, 2014, 16:47:54 | #10
Oh sorry, I dont know why I said that, I meant SEWING points hahaha. Its like charges :3

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #691859  Replies : 26  Views : 956
posté March 13, 2014, 00:48:42 | #11
The nettling points for dolls was simply the best idea, it's sad that they have not implemented it. I am currently playing as a summon Xelor (sinistros) and they are extremely useful (even with just 3 charges). I can pretty much create walls in wabbit tunnel maps that distract part of the mob for long turns (easy to replace a dead Sinistro). This would be the solution for dolls HP in my opinion :/

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - March 13, 2014, 00:49:06.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #691647  Replies : 26  Views : 956
posté March 12, 2014, 11:20:00 | #12
+1

That MUST be added to the game!

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #691411  Replies : 3  Views : 117
posté March 11, 2014, 19:41:05 | #13
@BlackClover

+1

Thread : News  Preview message : #691111  Replies : 25  Views : 997
posté March 09, 2014, 21:15:42 | #14

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 09 March 2014 16:53) *
They made a lot of awesome stuff in this update, and yet the only thing people talk about is 5% dmg and 10pp nerf. Sad.

+1

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #690083  Replies : 329  Views : 12417
posté March 07, 2014, 22:20:44 | #15
Will it be possible to trade macawkers?  

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #689413  Replies : 329  Views : 12417
posté March 05, 2014, 20:43:56 | #16
Account Shared Professions Hello everyone.

This is a simple idea, make it possible to have all highest professions on every char of the same account! It is really saddening to create a new character and have to level all professions again.
I mean, we already get experience bonus, why not let everyone have all highest professions on every character of the same account?

Part of the lack of interest on professions is caused by this, I have professions spread around 3 characters but my newest one has everything at level 0 and I don't have any patience to level everything again.

The aspect that in Wakfu we can have all professions in a single char makes this option viable, in Dofus each character can only have up to three chosen professions.

This would be the best update of the year! Ah, also, WE NEED AN ACCOUNT SHARED CHEST!!!

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #688453  Replies : 1  Views : 82
posté March 05, 2014, 01:23:52 | #17
@Sama

I agree with you about that, they indeed are helpful and fights tend to be faster. I think that if Ankama enabled us to play up to two characters in the same account, for maybe a higher subscription price, that would be the best solution. The Multimen aren't so interesting because you do not develop them like a character, they are not something personal like a real character would be. On the other hand, what really pisses me off is seeing people subbing 6 accounts (8 in Dofus) to be able to farm high level content. That is what I would call cheating. In Dofus it's even worse, its a must have in endgame content because of the difficulty.

If maybe they limited it to two characters per account (4 multimen) and no multiboxing I would start seeing the game from a different sight. Sadly like I already said, I doubt they would do that at all xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687961  Replies : 81  Views : 1833
posté March 05, 2014, 00:49:44 | #18
Everyone has facebook and phones to have a chat. There are lots of multiclienters that call themselves social but they are basically using the game just to chat and rarely grouping with other players.

I do know some multi boxers that usually bring people to dungeons, usually lower level people. However, that sounds more like an act of charity rather than something reciprocal. That is what saddens me most.
I have two accounts with fairly leveled characters, but I choose to play one for personal reasons.

I may have looked a little acid, sorry about that.
This discussion in general should be less acid, since this is quite a difficult topic to argue about. The company itself is not going to make any changes to make the game fairer anyways, they haven't done it o Dofus. The so called 41 million players figure should be divided by some number, since I suppose, at least in Dofus, there's like 10 bots and 3 alts for every real character xD

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - March 05, 2014, 01:03:51.
Reason for edit : grammar
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687945  Replies : 81  Views : 1833
posté March 05, 2014, 00:30:24 | #19
@Asriah

I forgot to include that I have reached that conclusion not because people multi tab, but by reading their explanations why they actually multi tab ^^'

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687937  Replies : 81  Views : 1833
posté March 05, 2014, 00:20:26 | #20
Just a few more words.

I am clearly against multi tab but I can live with that, every game has its flaws.

However, explaining why you guys in fact choose to multi tab will only make you feel better. Multi boxing will always be some sort of cheating until the day Ankama officially supports it by, for example, letting us multi tab with just 1 window (like multimen).
After almost 10 years of Dofus, I do not expect that to happen. Multi tab should stay as an unsocial and underground way of farming money and an excessive and illusory pride.

Concerning the current mentality of Wakfu gamers, it is sad to see how unsocial people actually are x_x that worries me.

I don't mind multi tab until the day it becomes necessary, a must, like in Dofus, when that day arrives, I should stop throwing money into garbage or increase the money thrown, by joining the flux.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687925  Replies : 81  Views : 1833