Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

[Guide] Owlite's guide to air/water Masqueraider
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté December 05, 2013, 19:25:55 | #1
[Guide] Owlite's guide to air/water Masqueraider
Air/Water Masqueraider

In this guide I will be going over a few things. Stats, abilities, spells, and how to use your spells. Over time I will continue to add more such as gear, how to obtain said gear, pvp etc. But for right now i'm just going to put a skeleton down just so it's here and I can continue to work on it.

Table of Contents

Spells
Each spell that you'll wanna use with this build as well as a brief explanation of why it's being used.
The spells levels
A picture of the spells cost/damage
For these pictures I will be using my spells so they might not be maxed yet

Abilities
Each ability that you will be using as well as why it's being used and an explanation of how it works if needed.
Pictures of these abilities when they are maxed out

• The build itself
What stats you can stat such as AP, MP, Dodge etc.
A picture of what I statted to use as reference
and what gear I am wearing

• Conclusion
A sentence or two wrapping up the guide. Mostly just saying "Hey if you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask!".

Spells

The first spell you will begin using is Fugue.

As a level 1 masqueraider you start with this spell. It requires no mask to wear so it is a perfect canidate as a hybrid spell option since you can cast it while wearing the air mask. It also being melee fits in with the air masqueraider theme which is mostly melee damage spells. You may be asking "But doesn't the moving away make it useless?" yes and no. It's not only great for escaping for amazing for dealing damage. Place your double behind you or position yourself on a wall and you turn yourself into a pinball stuck between two bumpers. You can do ridiculous damage this way.

The second water spell is Spitfall

This spell will require the coward mask to cast. Now the reason behind me picking this and not spitoon is as an air/water mask you aren't your typical water masqueraider this is your healing option as well as your range damage option when needed. This will come in handy A LOT of the time especially in end game content such as BC, wabbit and other difficult dungeons where melee isn't as welcome.

Moving onto air with Classerole

This is your first and most important air spell. It's your main damage output from the air branch and your best friend. As I said with fugue this benefits greatly from using your double as a wall when you have no other options. Place a double and classtanet over the enemy giving both you and your double wall damage (as well as the double getting backstab). You must be wearing the classic mask to cast this spell.

The final spell to use is Classablanca

I wrote this one off at first glance because of the wakfu cost but with burst of wakfu it makes this spell a valuable asset. It's damage is very high for its cost and it provides you with a small range option. It's a great finisher for 10 ap builds and is almost free to cast with the burst of wakfu + 2 AP return. All in all it's probably my second favorite mask spell.

Abilities

I will be starting this off with the Classic Mask.

This is what you cast at the start of every fight. It's also the only mask that you will be leveling as coward mask is only used for spitfall. The + ap from crits is an amazing bonus that you will come to fall in love with. It manages to get sometimes give you a little boost just when you think your spell combo is about to end. There have been times where i've classerole'd twice, fugue'd and STILL had enough ap for another fugue or classablanca. Heck 3 classeroles sometimes as well. It's great theres really not much else to say.

Next we have Masked Spirit

This is your buddy, your friend, your team mate whos always there for you. He is essential to almost all masqueraider builds and you will learn why very quickly. He lasts 2 turns which is more than enough to deal some heavy damage or fully heal up a dying friend or even yourself. His draw back though is you need to be extremely careful with aoes and your placement. If you have him to close to you and get hit by an aoe you are practically done for.

Burst of Wakfu

+2 ap every time you spend a wakfu point. Do I even need to say anything? It makes the masked spirit cost a little less heavy, returns ap when using classablanca. It's very handy and incredibly useful.

Artful Dodger

This right here is the reason why single element masks can break 600 and sometimes if you're really good get close to 700 damage. As well as hybrid masks getting close to double 600s. It gives you extra damage for all dodge you get from gear, passives, stats, initiative bonuses (the pandawa bonus).

Charade

WAKFU POINT RETURN. This is something that literally does not exist but here it is existing because it can. ANY form of wakfu point return is wonderful and it being in the form of a passive is just fantastic. For every crit, dodge roll and kill you get you will accumulate points which once you get 100 of these points you regain a wakfu point (you do not go over 6 though). This makes the heavy wakfu cost of masked spirit and the constant use of classablanca not a problem at all.

Mask Master

+40 extra dodge to help artful dodger damage return. Crit hit damage (which is important for masks since you will be critting a lot with the classic mask on) and you heal 10% of your hp total when you get a kill. The heal alone makes this worth it there have been times where I was close to death with a chain of enemies also close to death and i've killed them in a row saving my life. It also makes your bread consumption a little less crazy since you're melee and take a lot of damage compared to ranged classes.

The Build

I will start out by saying a basic tl;dr rundown of what to stat as it is a very common question.

1 AP, 1 MP, 100 Dodge, xx Critical Hits. Once crits are maxed even out chance/agility.

With that said the reason behind this is simple. The ap allows you to reach 10 AP once you get an amulet, cape, weapon or a set bonus with AP. If you have a relic like I do you won't need to stat the ap providing you with more points for crit or damage.

The MP is for 6 MP which you will obtain by statting it as well as wearing mp boots and an MP breastplate. 6 MP is pretty much the standard for end game characters and it's something you really should aim for.

Now the dodge I know some people don't like statting the dodge or heck even ignore it but I like it a lot and half the fun I have with this class is dodge rolling for backstab. It's capped at 100 with a recent update which is a nice round number and easy to cap with its cheap cost.

Crits you want crits there is no arguing this you're gonna want at least 40+ anything higher than that is great if you can get there. Crits are where your ap return comes from, your crit damage relies on, and your damage bonus for allies comes from. It's also a nice boost in damage since it's a crit so there's also that.

Conclusion

As I said in the beginning this guide is far from over. I will continue to update this with explanations of my spell rotations, my gear, and all that other funky jazz. But if you want to know specific things right now that are not in the guide please feel free to post and ask and I will get to you as soon as humanly possible. I hope you like it and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - December 17, 2013, 23:42:16.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté December 06, 2013, 05:37:50 | #2
Hello,

I know that you stated that this is a skeleton of your guide, and I would like to say it looks great so far. In fact it has given me some ideals that I can possible use for mine (your pictures).

While I am sure you plan on doing this, I would still like to suggest doing something that can guide a new I player. Or a noobie player, what I mean by noobie is someone who is new but refuses to do any effort in learning. Not trying to call anyone a noob, I am sorry if I offend.

But back on what I was getting at, basically something like "level 1-30 do this this and this."

This post has been edited by DragonPods - December 06, 2013, 05:38:25.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-04
posté December 06, 2013, 13:31:06 | #3
Hey this looks like a great guide so far. Looking forward to its completion. I'm interested on keeping my Masq more focused on their capabilities and support at range, and using Air more for quickly bursting down targets when it is needed as well as positioning enemies. I would just like something that works well with combined with my Xelor. -- The general weakness of my Xelor having a difficulty kiting specific classes, as well as their inability to heal or operate without LOS.

How would you feel about maxing Spitoon, Spitbull, and Spitfall to preserve my overall capabilities as a support, at the sacrifice of the insane damage of Fugue. I would just like to be able to roll together strong positioning and good set up for allies to get backstabs from the air branch with all of the strong support of the Water branch.

In the end, maxing Spitoon, Spitbull, Spitfall, Classablanca, and Classerole.

Could what I be looking to accomplish be satisfied by this spell set up. I don't really think what I'm looking to accomplish would be doable as effectively with a single element Masq, and combining the AP Spam from Xelor on the Masq, who will then spam air spells and proceed to buff the entire team's damage. Then throw out the double for more buffs, or perhaps burst damage/healing. This is just my thought process on it, understanding that I'd be sacrificing the crazy damage from Fugue. Thank you.

posté December 06, 2013, 17:24:53 | #4
I know of another air/water mask on dathura that uses that type of build. It's not as good in pvp but I can see it working better in pvm spitoon is a very good spell like really really good.

Honestly? I say go for it I love water/air to death just because of all the options we have and i'd love to hear more once you get it going and test it a little bit.

tl;dr go for it!

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-04
posté December 06, 2013, 20:14:58 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 06 December 2013 17:24) *
I know of another air/water mask on dathura that uses that type of build. It's not as good in pvp but I can see it working better in pvm spitoon is a very good spell like really really good.

Honestly? I say go for it I love water/air to death just because of all the options we have and i'd love to hear more once you get it going and test it a little bit.

tl;dr go for it!
Thanks for the feedback Mikeh! My Masq is just about to hit 100, so the gameplay is really starting to come through. I will come back after I have played it a bit more in stronger dungeons as well as PvP to report on its overall success. Thus far I can say that I forsee her as being a fantastic enabler for other people on the team.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-11-01
posté December 14, 2013, 15:01:21 | #6
Awesome guide!

Was wondering what costume that is?! :O

Also, how is the game play for Ubs (more specifically BC and Mag)?

This post has been edited by Ippy - December 14, 2013, 15:03:31.
posté December 14, 2013, 20:26:28 | #7

Quote (Ippy @ 14 December 2013 15:01) *
Awesome guide!

Was wondering what costume that is?! :O

Also, how is the game play for Ubs (more specifically BC and Mag)?
Funny story about BC our last run our main dps died and we thought we were going to wipe.

I ended up doing over 2500 to him with fugue winning us the fight though most of the time i'm the healer but in certain situations mostly towards the end of the fight or if the totem decides to troll its way in my direction I can do some heavy damage to pull us through.

magmog is entirely different though i'm usually carried by the panda and use classtanet for backstab and just classerole (its pretty boring to explain now that im actually putting it into words lol)

Also the costume is masqueraider costume it's no longer available it was from ordering a french magazine from ankamas web store

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-11-01
posté December 14, 2013, 22:15:42 | #8
Oh man! It looks pretty cool. (:

What server do you play on?

That was a big thing i was worried about, Isn't magmog stabilized? I know Sacs get extra damage in their air tree from targets being stabilized, so wouldn't that really gimp our damage? It doesn't say we get extra damage so taking that in account the damage would be very low. Yes? I'm also surprised that you could actualy heal enough to take a Enis spot for BC! What did you do with the extra 4 ap after doing Spitfallx2?

This post has been edited by Ippy - December 14, 2013, 22:17:32.
posté December 14, 2013, 23:43:28 | #9
I play on dathura

also I do spitfall x2 and if the person doesn't mind being swapped spitbull or if they are stabilized (:

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté December 14, 2013, 23:44:47 | #10
He's taken the Eniripsa's spot for Magmog successfully too.

What a pro Zobal.

• Mango

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté December 15, 2013, 03:39:51 | #11
Ei guys im gonna play on WAPAC OBT. what would be the best companion of Air/Water Masq in a party of three? I have other 2 friends thats gonna play the game. what would compliment masq's skill set better?

posté December 15, 2013, 04:24:39 | #12

Quote (revsky69 @ 15 December 2013 03:39) *
Ei guys im gonna play on WAPAC OBT. what would be the best companion of Air/Water Masq in a party of three? I have other 2 friends thats gonna play the game. what would compliment masq's skill set better?
This is really hard for me to answer because there's so many that could go well with it...

The big ones are sadida, panda, fogger but thats if you are looking for pure support for the mask specifically

fogger putting walls behind you for fugue, sadidas totem, pandawas positioning

ive had a lot of fun partying with rogues as well and xelors idk like I said this is really hard for me to answer @_@

My best advice I can give is to have them play what they will have fun playing and work it out from there

Quote (Brokonaut @ 14 December 2013 23:44) *
He's taken the Eniripsa's spot for Magmog successfully too.

What a pro Zobal.

• Mango
you flatter me u///u

posté December 15, 2013, 06:05:45 | #13

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 15 December 2013 04:24) *

This is really hard for me to answer because there's so many that could go well with it...

The big ones are sadida, panda, fogger but thats if you are looking for pure support for the mask specifically

ive had a lot of fun partying with rogues as well and xelors idk like I said this is really hard for me to answer @_@

My best advice I can give is to have them play what they will have fun playing and work it out from there

Hahah! ive been watching some vids of you and mango PVP. the burst OMG! ive been contemplating on getting xelor + masq + rogue. Or replace rogue with another fast power leveling char. is there any char you have in mind?

posté December 15, 2013, 08:02:37 | #14

Quote (revsky69 @ 15 December 2013 06:05) *

Hahah! ive been watching some vids of you and mango PVP. the burst OMG! ive been contemplating on getting xelor + masq + rogue. Or replace rogue with another fast power leveling char. is there any char you have in mind?
xelor + mask + rogue sounds really solid I feel like xelors are under rated but ever since their revamp they just feel incredible to me I watched mango teleport several mobs like across the map from us and my jaw dropped.

but yeah mango has a couple videos up of me bursting its a pretty funny watch i'm surprised you caught it although its a little embarassing considering how quickly I died in those videos (granted I took someone with me like 90% of the time).

Ummm I really like fire enus to from what ive seen they get a really long ranged 2 ap spell that hits hella hard and can get some really great aoe it might be nice as a power leveling char and be good for drops in the long run.

If you end up with a xelor though give mangos guide a read he's one of if not the best xelor I know and he can help you out with it

posté December 15, 2013, 08:17:00 | #15

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 15 December 2013 08:02) *

Quote (revsky69 @ 15 December 2013 06:05) *

xelor + mask + rogue sounds really solid I feel like xelors are under rated but ever since their revamp they just feel incredible to me I watched mango teleport several mobs like across the map from us and my jaw dropped.

but yeah mango has a couple videos up of me bursting its a pretty funny watch i'm surprised you caught it although its a little embarassing considering how quickly I died in those videos (granted I took someone with me like 90% of the time).

Ummm I really like fire enus to from what ive seen they get a really long ranged 2 ap spell that hits hella hard and can get some really great aoe it might be nice as a power leveling char and be good for drops in the long run.

If you end up with a xelor though give mangos guide a read he's one of if not the best xelor I know and he can help you out with it

were definitely going for xelor+masq, as for the third man, im still thinking about it. because of the new cap on PP, I wasnt considering enu anymore, or are they still very much viable for the drops?

Im watching the vids for tips and positioning. XD so much burst.

How much heals do you do with spitfall by the way? Im glad theres other char that can take the role of healing other than enis

posté December 15, 2013, 18:44:11 | #16
its not a lot but does the job double 250's usually 350 - 400 on crits

an eni obviously does better but it gets the job done like 90% of the time especially when I can use my double to double those heals

my only down side is I can't revive people thats the one thing I feel like hinders me quite a bit

posté December 16, 2013, 11:55:25 | #17

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 15 December 2013 18:44) *
its not a lot but does the job double 250's usually 350 - 400 on crits

an eni obviously does better but it gets the job done like 90% of the time especially when I can use my double to double those heals

my only down side is I can't revive people thats the one thing I feel like hinders me quite a bit

its ok that's why im picking a xelor for the resurrection.

Is it possible to skill the other 2 healing skills? will it be more beneficial and cost effective than spitfall?

posté December 16, 2013, 16:54:26 | #18
The reason why spitbull isn't as good as spitfall is it swaps the person and has a higher cost it costs 2 mp per cast and has no modifiable range and an already low base range.

You'd have to run to the person to heal basically

Spitoon isn't for the heals it's for the damage its linear and isn't range modifiable it's mostly used by pure water masks as a main burst damage type of spell not really for support o: unless you absolutely need to pull someone which very rarely happens especially when a sac could do it better and cheaper.

The reason why spitfall works the best out of the three as heal support is its long range and workable cost with 6 mp that gives you 4 to reach your target with an already decent range as well to help out.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-09-30
posté December 16, 2013, 18:36:36 | #19
I highly advise any fledgling Masq to try the fantastic build made by the fantastic Mikeh! I actually used it for a brief moment to try the waters and man was it fun/useful. He nailed it on the head with Fugue, one of our most powerful and AP efficient spells. But the sheer damage and utility of both Air and Water is absolutely one of my favorite builds in the game!

Now to crack the code on Fire Masqueraiders! (My one true love~)

posté December 16, 2013, 18:44:03 | #20
I still have yet to crack the code on fire masks but my girlfriend is working on a fire/air mask so we should make some progress soon hopefully in terms of cracking that code.

Also a little update i'm gonna be upgrading gear in a day or so I think if all things go through so my gear section will be getting updated o:

Many thanks though for the compliments! It means a lot guys