Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build, version 1.7
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-07
posté February 12, 2014, 17:56:29 | #101

Quote (Pistrik @ 12 February 2014 17:01) *
I'm assuming the rest of the AP is either made up by gear or by constant use of timekeeper. Otherwise, I'm not sure myself.

But then the 10 AP build with 1 AP stated would 13 AP (min/max)?

Waiting Mango's answer.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté February 12, 2014, 20:07:32 | #102

Quote (IceeeeeD @ 12 February 2014 17:56) *

I'm assuming the rest of the AP is either made up by gear or by constant use of timekeeper. Otherwise, I'm not sure myself.

Waiting Mango's answer.

Gotta type this fast, about to leave.

The 10 AP build with 1 AP statted is the most typical form of the build without any exotic AP items (no AP belt, shoulders, hat, or boots). The 12 AP min/max build shoots for the highest possible damage, and so includes these items. It'll make more sense after I compile the equipment index.

• Mango

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-17
posté February 13, 2014, 06:16:55 | #103

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 February 2014 20:07) *

Quote (IceeeeeD @ 12 February 2014 17:56) *

Waiting Mango's answer.

Gotta type this fast, about to leave.

The 10 AP build with 1 AP statted is the most typical form of the build without any exotic AP items (no AP belt, shoulders, hat, or boots). The 12 AP min/max build shoots for the highest possible damage, and so includes these items. It'll make more sense after I compile the equipment index.

• Mango

Yeah, I had a feeling it was due to gear when you mentioned Min/Max. I'm running the 10 AP build atm until I can get the gear to make the 12 AP work (I'm sitting at 9AP right now with gear + 1 AP statted).

posté February 13, 2014, 13:02:52 | #104

I had a feeling I screwed up horribly here

posté February 13, 2014, 23:06:08 | #105

Quote (crystalsuicune @ 13 February 2014 13:02) *

I had a feeling I screwed up horribly here

The problem as I outlined in another query elsewhere on this thread is that before 40, there's really no gear that can compliment both air and fire. I usually advocate going mono-element until you reach the means to get some general damage equipment.

That being said there's no reason that it doesn't work. You just get more damage as mono-elemental at this stage of the game and enemies' have such low resistances that mono elemental can usually get away with any content around their level. As opposed to being blocked out of content because their main elemental doesn't agree with enemy resistances.

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-22
posté February 17, 2014, 23:35:06 | #106
Mango, I got a few questions:

To achieve the 12 AP build you don't level the AP, which is kind strange. Can you give at least one example to achieve this? And one gameplay example to achieve the 20 AP on second turn?

Loving the guide so far, keep going /o/

Loki Grants

posté February 18, 2014, 00:45:42 | #107

Quote (LokiGrants @ 17 February 2014 23:35) *

To achieve the 12 AP build you don't level the AP, which is kind strange. Can you give at least one example to achieve this? And one gameplay example to achieve the 20 AP on second turn?

Loki Grants

Battle begins at 33:53. Has some gameplay including my now-favorite Underhand + Aging + Hand + Hand combo (15 AP cost). In the video I do not have a leveled Underhand however, which is a mistake. There's some more Xelor gameplay in there but it was the first one I ran into.

Sources of AP:

Belt Slot - Powerful Dazzling Belt (+1 AP, Relic)
Hat Slot - Solomonk (+1 AP, Relic)
Hat Slot - Wa Wabbit's Crown (+1 AP)
Epaulettes Slot - Genetically Modified Epaulettes (+1 AP)
Boots Slot - Woboots (+1 AP)
Ring Slot - Ring of Satisfaction (+1 AP, -1 MP)
Ring Slot - Gelano (+1 AP, Relic)
Amulet Slot (+1 AP)
Weapon Slot (+1 AP)
Cape Slot (+1 AP)

Getting 6 AP items is no easy task though, which is why it's something for min/max builds. It lets you use Nettlez, a non-exotic AP item, while still retaining 12 AP.

A typical 10 AP build asks you to invest 1 AP statted while only using normal AP items (cape, weapon, amulet). That is why the normal build only demands that. For the common man who cannot acquire difficult exo AP items.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 13:32:40.
Reason for edit : Forgot the video.
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 18, 2014, 01:47:24 | #108

Loki Grants
i wanted to say that as a xelor you usually have about 12 ap every turn in battle anyway due to rollback if not then using devotion always gets you to twelve. the point is the xelor is a ap generating machine. to get over 20 with a 10 ap build you need to sorta set up for it the previous turn by knowing you will get your bonus next turn and that you have full rollback and time keeper 3 ap.thats 9 ap you get plus 2 from devotion. You can by yourself get 21? ap easily if you plan it right ive gotten more in the past but i had another xelor with me i think or something... i really just wanted to talk about that cause yes a 12 ap build is good?? at least helpful but to a xelor you dont need it to shine.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-22
posté February 18, 2014, 04:21:44 | #109

Quote (Nox16 @ 18 February 2014 01:47) *

Loki Grants
i wanted to say that as a xelor you usually have about 12 ap every turn in battle anyway due to rollback if not then using devotion always gets you to twelve. the point is the xelor is a ap generating machine. to get over 20 with a 10 ap build you need to sorta set up for it the previous turn by knowing you will get your bonus next turn and that you have full rollback and time keeper 3 ap.thats 9 ap you get plus 2 from devotion. You can by yourself get 21? ap easily if you plan it right ive gotten more in the past but i had another xelor with me i think or something... i really just wanted to talk about that cause yes a 12 ap build is good?? at least helpful but to a xelor you dont need it to shine.
Thanks, I understood what you meant and as I play I got a little better with it. Below lvl 20 I was able to stack up to 9 AP, so, nice.

And Xelor doesn't need much AP to Shine, but he can out bright anyone else when he does ;P

In the superficial level, the differences in stats makes the 12 AP Xelor looks like more powerful when it comes to dealing dmg, as well as to the fact it loses one point in Mummification to add 3 points to Temporal Waves, making it a bit better.

posté February 18, 2014, 12:40:53 | #110

Quote (Brokonaut @ 18 February 2014 00:45) *

Sources of AP:

Wa Wabbit's Crown (+1 AP)
Genetically Modified Epaulettes (+1 AP)
Woboots (+1 AP)
Amulet Slot (+1 AP)
Weapon Slot (+1 AP)
Cape Slot (+1 AP)

• Mango
Question 1) But if I get only one of those items, I shouldn't stat 1 AP or should use a 11 AP build? And if I get 2 of them?

My Xelor is now 53. I'm already fire/air because I'm powered leveling him. At the moment, trying to get Infernal and Divine Tofu Set.

Question 2) In my specialties, I have Dial, Rollback and Devotion maximized. What should I level next? Temporal Prism for damage? Timekeeper for AP storage?

Question 3) About Temportal Prism, you don't say anything about using a water skill to stack it faster. Do you use Time Control for this purpose?

Anxiously waiting your guide update, specially the combos and tricks part and items.

Thanks for the support.

posté February 18, 2014, 13:25:04 | #111
For almost all intents and purposes, almost all builds at this time in Wakfu (emphasis on almost) will use three out of six AP equipment slots along with statting one AP to achieve 10 AP. Cape, amulet, and weapon are the easiest to obtain, being on nearly every item in the game at high level content.

There's no harm in going 11 AP since the amount of AP you have is never static. It can very well compensate for a proc of Rollback you may have not triggered. But 10 AP is fairly typical.

I recommend leveling Temporal Prism next. The extra damage will help you more than AP storing right now. At lower APs in the lower levels, you should be focusing less on setting up the big turns and more on stacking damage to overwhelm the mobs at that level.

Sometimes I use Time Control to stack Temporal Prism faster. It really depends on how much AP I have. For example if I have 16 AP on a turn, I can Aging + Hand + Hand + Timekeeper + Timekeeper + Timekeeper and have one AP leftover to use Slow Down on an enemy on a Tock turn. Or if it's a Tick turn I'll use Time Control on myself if I know the AP is expendable after using Devotion on myself for a chance to win the AP back through Temporal Acceleration. If it succeeds it's a free 15% damage, if it doesn't it was 1 AP for 15% damage anyways.

Varies from situation from situation, but the short answer is yes. I frequently use Slow Down to speed up Temporal Prism stacks.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 21:54:12.
Reason for edit : Whoops.
posté February 18, 2014, 14:08:54 | #112

For almost all intents and purposes, almost all builds at this time in Wakfu (emphasis on almost) will use three out of six AP equipment slots along with statting one AP to achieve 10 AP. Cape, amulet, and weapon are the easiest to obtain, being on nearly every item in the game at high level content.

Yes, I know. When I said "If i ever get one of those gears", I was referring to the rare boots, epaulettes and crown. But you did answered me correctly, so was no confusion.

I can Aging + Hand + Hand + Timekeeper + Timekeeper + Timekeeper and have one AP leftover to use Slow Down on an enemy on a Tock turn.

Don't you need 18 AP to use those skills? Isn't Timekeeper 2 AP? There's 3 AP missing or I'm confusing something.

Or if it's a Tick turn I'll use Tick on myself

Tick on yourself? I dont't know how to do this.

posté February 18, 2014, 21:53:20 | #113
It was a typo. I meant Time Control on yourself, not Tick.

Timekeeper when maxed only costs 1 AP, therefore you put in what you get next turn. No more no less.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 21:54:30.
Reason for edit : Yet again, I typo...
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté February 22, 2014, 05:04:57 | #114
Taken from my stream today. 25 AP Xelor epicness!

• Mango

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté February 22, 2014, 12:25:25 | #115
What are you throughts on crit instead of int/air stat?

And wow @ 25AP, 2hands, LoF AND punishment? QQ

This post has been edited by Scrublife - February 22, 2014, 12:28:07.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté February 22, 2014, 12:48:55 | #116

Quote (Scrublife @ 22 February 2014 12:25) *

It depends. Crit spec on initiative burning Xelor works out surprisingly well since it heavily increases the air damage gained from Aging (via amount of initiative reduced). Instead of a Hand triggering -30 air base per cast, it'll proc -40 air base (with a maxed out Temporal Waves). Scoring a crit with all four fire attacks would have removed 161 initiative, or enough to deal 256 air proc + Aging base for only 2 AP. My Aging is not maxed either and removes 16 air proc per 10 initiative removed instead of the possible 17. The reasoning is not enough spell XP to allocate, and I'd rather have some extra mastery and water resistance than push for a bit more damage on it.

The build in that video is a hybrid spec. At that point in time I was running 51 critical hits (it was 50 with Hushed Scepter, changed to 51 with the Twin-Pwonged Cawwot for an extra 11% damage) to supplement 819% to 834% dual-damage.

If my memory serves correct the spec there is:
- 1 AP
- 3 Kit Skill
- 1 Range
- 15 Critical Hits
- 62 Intelligence
- 62 Agility
- 1 Initiative

Later revised to:
- 1 AP
- 2 Kit Skill
- 1 Range
- 14 Critical Hits
- 64 Intelligence
- 64 Agility
- 2 Initiative

The initiative statting comes from leftover points. There's a good handful of stat points from quests that aren't on this newly made Xelor. They would all be pooled to win an extra few damage and resists if I had them.

The reason this build uses 1 AP is because I don't have Genetically Modified Epaulettes on the Beta server. It would win back 150 stat points but at a deficit of a great deal of HP, 2 CH, and a little bit of damage & resists. The points won back would convert to 15% fire & air damage & resist (30 points mitigated to keep 50 CH) at a item difference of 2%...

So I would gain 13% damage in return for 108 HP. Hard sacrifice there.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - February 22, 2014, 13:20:06.
Reason for edit : Some other stuff.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté February 22, 2014, 20:12:16 | #117

Quote (Kokonaut @ 22 February 2014 12:48) *

Quote (Scrublife @ 22 February 2014 12:25) *

It depends. Crit spec on initiative burning Xelor works out surprisingly well since it heavily increases the air damage gained from Aging (via amount of initiative reduced). Instead of a Hand triggering -30 air base per cast, it'll proc -40 air base (with a maxed out Temporal Waves). Scoring a crit with all four fire attacks would have removed 161 initiative, or enough to deal 256 air proc + Aging base for only 2 AP. My Aging is not maxed either and removes 16 air proc per 10 initiative removed instead of the possible 17. The reasoning is not enough spell XP to allocate, and I'd rather have some extra mastery and water resistance than push for a bit more damage on it.

The build in that video is a hybrid spec. At that point in time I was running 51 critical hits (it was 50 with Hushed Scepter, changed to 51 with the Twin-Pwonged Cawwot for an extra 11% damage) to supplement 819% to 834% dual-damage.

If my memory serves correct the spec there is:
- 1 AP
- 3 Kit Skill
- 1 Range
- 15 Critical Hits
- 62 Intelligence
- 62 Agility
- 1 Initiative

Later revised to:
- 1 AP
- 2 Kit Skill
- 1 Range
- 14 Critical Hits
- 64 Intelligence
- 64 Agility
- 2 Initiative

The initiative statting comes from leftover points. There's a good handful of stat points from quests that aren't on this newly made Xelor. They would all be pooled to win an extra few damage and resists if I had them.

The reason this build uses 1 AP is because I don't have Genetically Modified Epaulettes on the Beta server. It would win back 150 stat points but at a deficit of a great deal of HP, 2 CH, and a little bit of damage & resists. The points won back would convert to 15% fire & air damage & resist (30 points mitigated to keep 50 CH) at a item difference of 2%...

• Mango
Hey Mango,

I've got my Xelor inching ever closer to endgame, what set up are you using gear wise if I may ask?

I skimmed through and haven't seen your updated set stuff.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-08-08
posté February 26, 2014, 00:54:26 | #118

Quote (Kokonaut @ 22 February 2014 12:48) *

• Mango
Hi Mango ! I looked on Wakfu-Elements and the gain is only 50% of the time because the Epaulettes give 12% when you crits so losing 108 HP for only 6% is a waste to me -

Moreover they will probably create some better Epaulettes - whatever with 35% and some crits domm is better - for the Saharach update

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-08-20
posté March 03, 2014, 00:11:52 | #119
Hi mango!
i'm still addicted to your Xelor
Can you post your gear and if it is possible your DPT cycle?
Kynue

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-17
posté March 08, 2014, 09:06:46 | #120
Mangobango, I'm trying to find a lvl 80 or so fire/air set that DOESN'T lose the AP from Lunar. Sadly, it seems I'm not having much luck here. With full lunar, I'm sitting at 9AP. If I switch to nun set, I'd lose one AP and be down to 8 =/. I just hit lvl 82.

There any way around this?