Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build, version 1.7
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté July 30, 2013, 21:49:21 | #41

Quote (stayhumble @ 30 July 2013 17:18) *

Quote (BbeforeA @ 21 May 2013 02:59) *
Would love if someone could make a guide on how to find good groups to get those items in the first place.
just wear kraken + grou or zeorus' / ketcha + Klime or Illuminator boots + whispery ring + herr peeces + assassin cape and mayor cantile necklace or gobbsage

Make friends or play more accounts.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté August 01, 2013, 02:37:53 | #42
With your 4 MP build, would you recommend something like Sylargh's breastplate for 1 MP and some decent general damage/resists? From my experience, at least 5 MP seems useful, even for xelors (although it's situational).

The gear I have in mind is something like:
Click here

Also, I find it very, very, very difficult to decide between Temporal Dust and Line of Fire being maxed. I do mainly PvM, and I thought that Temporal Dust could have some nice uses in dungeon fights.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté August 01, 2013, 04:50:45 | #43

Quote (elgatopucha @ 01 August 2013 02:37) *
With your 4 MP build, would you recommend something like Sylargh's breastplate for 1 MP and some decent general damage/resists? From my experience, at least 5 MP seems useful, even for xelors (although it's situational).

The gear I have in mind is something like:
Click here

Also, I find it very, very, very difficult to decide between Temporal Dust and Line of Fire being maxed. I do mainly PvM, and I thought that Temporal Dust could have some nice uses in dungeon fights.

You may find the lack of range to be fairly crippling. I have an annoying time with +2 range sometimes. +3 range is fairly ideal to efficiently port enemies and attack from a distance. I do +3 with White Crow Amulet, Kraken Helmet, and stat point investment.

5 MP is very good, and I 100% recommend it. How to properly go about that is a bit of a mystery thus far though (for me). You can do it with stat points at level 125 if you obtain all optional stat points (Vampyro Dungeon, Golden Api, Harebourg questline). You can also swap the cape for Mecha Cape and breastplate for Sylargh Breastplate, at the expense of a lot of spell levels.

• Mango

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté August 01, 2013, 08:30:05 | #44
This guide is now out-dated. While it works, it's very difficult to play this properly.

I've created a new (very different) A/F build for myself and may update this guide with it in the near future.

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-07-19
posté August 01, 2013, 11:58:15 | #45

Quote (Kokonaut @ 01 August 2013 08:30) *
This guide is now out-dated. While it works, it's very difficult to play this properly.

I've created a new (very different) A/F build for myself and may update this guide with it in the near future.

• Mango
Hope you will find time to do it!

posté August 03, 2013, 04:08:52 | #46
The basic principles of my new build are there. It's no longer an Aging build, and so if that's what you were expecting you can just follow the old ideals that this guide presented (they are still valid). This build is predominantly a PvM build now.

I'll update it slowly over time.

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-08-03
posté August 03, 2013, 18:46:30 | #47
Hi, I'm a new player. I have found that I enjoy the mechanics of the Xelor, as well as the fire and air trees. I think I shall use your guide for reference while doing PvE to learn more about this game.

My main goal, however, is PvP. Do you have/know of any builds for that aspect of the game?

Short Strich * Member Since 2008-06-29
posté August 05, 2013, 21:55:47 | #48
Is your old build still viable for PvP or is it "Very difficult" as mentioned in the guide? The PvP ladder is coming up in a few months and I really want to buff up my character to climb that ladder. :c

~I am Rushu of Remigton, the Deliverer of Darkness, the Shogun of Sorrow! I shall devour thy soul and plunge thee to my abyss, my hell; my Kingdom of ShuShu~

posté August 09, 2013, 03:57:27 | #49

Quote (Orsimir @ 03 August 2013 18:46) *
Hi, I'm a new player. I have found that I enjoy the mechanics of the Xelor, as well as the fire and air trees. I think I shall use your guide for reference while doing PvE to learn more about this game.

My main goal, however, is PvP. Do you have/know of any builds for that aspect of the game?

This build works fine for PvP as well, but it requires a lot of tactical planning. If I had to argue, I would say that Air/Water is a lot more powerful for consistent PvP victories. You can spent turns locking enemies out with AP drain while dealing decent damage and spike with strong air spells or poisons every other turn. You can ignore a lot of shields and post-death effects with poisons.

Quote (girbletina @ 05 August 2013 21:55) *
Is your old build still viable for PvP or is it "Very difficult" as mentioned in the guide? The PvP ladder is coming up in a few months and I really want to buff up my character to climb that ladder. :c

~I am Rushu of Remigton, the Deliverer of Darkness, the Shogun of Sorrow! I shall devour thy soul and plunge thee to my abyss, my hell; my Kingdom of ShuShu~

It still works for PvP. I still defeat enemies fairly easily, but now I do occasionally face defeat. However keep in mind, the gear that I wear is literally as good as it gets. Players with less of a budget may face a more difficult time with more difficult enemies. While this is more of a PvM guide, the build can work for PvP if you know what you're doing. Xelor is a very complex class to play well now, and requires a lot of foresight to execute everything optimally. Everything from porting enemies to knowing when to Desync for what occasions is often vital to guarantee victory.

• Mango

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté August 09, 2013, 19:50:40 | #50

Quote (Brokonaut @ 09 August 2013 03:57) *
Xelor is a very complex class to play well now, and requires a lot of foresight to execute everything optimally. Everything from porting enemies to knowing when to Desync for what occasions is often vital to guarantee victory.

• Mango

So true.

I've been enjoying Air/Water atm with Punishment, Underhand, Sinistro, and Time Control maxed. I need more practice and i don't get as much prep time as i'd like multi boxing. But you can do some very cool things with the new Xelor.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-17
posté August 10, 2013, 08:34:13 | #51
1v1 PVP Xelor is a little silly now. Anything that doesn't have range/mp to get in damage range you can just underhand so far out of position they can't do anything the entire fight.

I think the most important thing to note for post revamp Xelor is our build options have literally gone through the roof. No individual will have the end all guide at this point, and all build information from before the revamp is nominally helpful at best.

This is practically a whole new class.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-30
posté August 10, 2013, 16:57:45 | #52

Quote (Madd1 @ 10 August 2013 08:34) *
1v1 PVP Xelor is a little silly now. Anything that doesn't have range/mp to get in damage range you can just underhand so far out of position they can't do anything the entire fight.

I think the most important thing to note for post revamp Xelor is our build options have literally gone through the roof. No individual will have the end all guide at this point, and all build information from before the revamp is nominally helpful at best.

This is practically a whole new class.
That's true.

But then again those classes have not received their revamp yet, so we have to wait and see.

Just want to add that Xelor is still not complicated but still pretty simple in my opinion. Teleporting is straight forward, pick a location then teleport them, easy. Or stack pushes which either goes off on your next turn or if you trigger it with aging.
That's the only real mechanic they really added. Otherwise xelor is about the same as before.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-01-22
posté August 19, 2013, 17:09:01 | #53
I was wondering if you could take a screen shot of Cardinal's current gear. That'd be much appreciated.
I'm sure many will find this missing bit to be very beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

posté August 19, 2013, 17:23:35 | #54

His set-up at this time. 10/6 build.

Guide is to be updated in the near future.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - August 27, 2013, 11:46:25.
Reason for edit : Update soon.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-06
posté August 28, 2013, 21:23:58 | #55
was playing around with possible air/fire setups for when my xelor can get into the gear. The best i could come up with was 12/5 AP/MP 50% crit and 398% fire and air damage no buffs.

With potential guild buffs, nation buffs, dial (not peak cell) , and temporal crytal you can get 578% damage in 2 elements.

Granted, this is using wabbit gear, and it could be higher if it didnt require the whisperer ring even at max lv.

For anyone interested: The gear list 

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté August 28, 2013, 22:29:18 | #56
Me personally, I'm shooting for this build...

Click here

similar idea though...

posté August 28, 2013, 23:10:29 | #57

Quote (Nerd-Tease @ 28 August 2013 21:23) *
was playing around with possible air/fire setups for when my xelor can get into the gear. The best i could come up with was 12/5 AP/MP 50% crit and 398% fire and air damage no buffs.

With potential guild buffs, nation buffs, dial (not peak cell) , and temporal crytal you can get 578% damage in 2 elements.

Granted, this is using wabbit gear, and it could be higher if it didnt require the whisperer ring even at max lv.

For anyone interested: The gear list

Slight modifications. This is about as good as gear for an air/fire damage Xelor will get: Click Here.

• Mango

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-10
posté August 29, 2013, 13:22:07 | #58
My idea is different

I wanted to take advantage of the all elements

Get more HP and higher resists for all elemnts while having higher crit % and + crit damage %

[url=http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=28718-f5e61594-1043-11e3-94e7-fefd42e4]Click here 

This post has been edited by MrAsura - August 29, 2013, 13:29:19.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté September 01, 2013, 00:16:16 | #59
Why did you choose temporal distortion over aging? I feel like this wasn't explained in enough detail.

posté September 01, 2013, 01:03:26 | #60

Quote (elgatopucha @ 01 September 2013 00:16) *
Why did you choose temporal distortion over aging? I feel like this wasn't explained in enough detail.

Nowadays I've actually opted for Underhand. Keeps enemies off of you at the beginning of your turn and has a pretty good base damage/AP. Temporal Distortion was previously the choice due to bypassing shield effects on the enemy's turn. But since they fixed that and changed Underhand, Underhand has become a good damage option for enemies inside and off the dial as long as you run a little bit of range.

Aging is a lot weaker than it used to be. It might be a good option in a 12 AP endgame set-up, but short term at the time I wrote this guide it was not a good skill to have due to how weak it was as well as how many enemies were usually resistant to at least one of the two elements.

• Mango