Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build, version 1.7
Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté May 11, 2013, 08:09:20 | #1
[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build

Build Walkthrough Index
Use Ctrl + F to skip to the section you want to view.

1. Preface [ITD]
  2. Build Purpose [WCE]
  3. Stating Guide [BOJ]
  4. Specialty Leveling Guide [SLG]
  5. Elemental Spell Guide [ESG]
  6. Fire Spell Branch [ESG1]
  7. Air Spell Branch [ESG2]
  8. Specialty Skills [ESG3]
  9. Passive Skills [ESG4]
  10. Equipment Index [EQI]
  11. How to Play [HTP]
  12. Mango's Final Notes [MFN]

Introduction to Destruction: Preface
[ITD]

"Greetings."

I'm sure most of you have seen it at some point. The infamous air/fire Xelor hybrid. The build that blasts enemies for a cacophony of damage like no other, drawing enough damage to make a young child cry. It's a fairly common build for many endgame Xelor, however this is my personal iteration of the build.

"What can I expect?": Build Purpose [WCE]

The goal of the build is intelligent placement and strategy. It uses Desynchronization to control when you can use AoE fire skills and uses air skills to bypass certain effects or set yourself up for powerful AoE damage.

This build excels in two elements of damage by utilizing Hand and either Line of Fire or Temporal Dust for fire, Aging as a catalyst for initiative burn damage, and Xelor's Punishment for heavy air and AoE. The trump card of this build is preparing a 20 AP turn achievable by turn two with insane amounts of burst damage.

Preparing your Bundle of Joy: Stating Guide [BOJ]

"Self-buffs only."

In the beginning your goal should be reaching 10 AP pre-Devotion as soon as possible. This way after you place your dial you can still double Hand or double Punishment.

10 AP Build
- 1 AP (Level 31)
- 1 MP (Level 51)
- 1 Range (Level 67)
- 76 Intelligence & 75 Agility (Level 125)
- 10 Kit Skill (Level 145)

12 AP Build (min/max)
- 1 MP (Level 21)
- 1 Range (Level 37)
- 108 Intelligence & 108 Agility (Level 123)
- 10 Kit Skill (Lv. 143)

You can also get a couple of extra free stat points from the Vampyro Dungeon achievement (killing him first and killing him last), completing the Bilbyza questline, completing the Five Finger Diss Count quest by facing off against Count Harebourg, and completing the Wabbit Island main questline.

Cardinal on "Selecting skills...": Specialty Leveling Guide [SLG]

10 AP Build
- Level 9 Xelor's Dial (90 Points)
- Level 9 Timekeeper (180 Points)
- Level 9 Devotion (270 Points)
- Level 20 Rollback (370 Points)
- Level 20 Temporal Crystallization (470 Points)
- Level 9 Desynchronization (550 Points)
- Level 9 Mummification (640 Points)
- Level 16 Temporal Waves (720 Points)

12 AP Build
- Level 9 Xelor's Dial (90 Points)
- Level 9 Timekeeper (180 Points)
- Level 9 Devotion (270 Points)
- Level 20 Rollback (370 Points)
- Level 20 Temporal Crystallization (470 Points)
- Level 9 Desynchronization (550 Points)
- Level 8 Mummification (625 Points)
- Level 19 Temporal Waves (720 Points)

Cardinal on "Hey this spell sucks!": Elemental Spell Guide [ESG]

Notice: I'm only dissecting the fire and air spells of the elemental branches. This build does not focus on water skills except for Temporal Control to faster build up Temporal Crystallization.

Fire Spell Branch [ESG1]

Spell Name: Hand
Cost: 5 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Your fire element bread. High damage single-target attack. Rebounds up to once on Tock turns and only up to two cells away (line of sight from the target being hit required to bounce) however does not lose damage when bouncing. Limited to two casts per turn.
Cardinal's Rating: ★★★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Line of Fire
Cost: 4 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Good secondary fire spell. Can cast it twice on the first turn even after casting dial (without using Devotion). The one minimum range is very handy to hit targets next to you. Also does not need line of sight, which is extremely useful in team play. Fits incredibly well with Hand and Aging on 20 AP Tick turns. Linearity can sometimes be cause for concern.
Cardinal's Rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Temporal Burn
Cost: 1-3 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Uses remaining AP. Can only consume 3 AP at max, but has no cast limit. Decent overall. Hits in a circle of one area of effect on Tock. Always good to have a low AP cost attack handy to finish off enemies. As of this time Temporal Burn does not proc Rollback no matter how much AP you use to attack with it.
Cardinal's Rating: ★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Temporal Dust
Cost: 6 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Exceptionally good farming tool. AoE switches between a circle and a plus on Tock and Tick respectively. Lowest primary DPT skill of the fire branch. Only spell that lets you initiative burn multiple enemies at a time.

Spell Name: Hydrand
Cost: 4 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Weak spell that pays off only if the enemy stays in its AoE. Great tool for blocking pathing and doesn't break off the dial.
Cardinal's Rating: ★/★★★★★

Air Spell Branch [ESG2]

Spell Name: Underhand
Cost: 3 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: This spell pushes the amount of times you use it on a target. On enemies, it pushes them away from the Xelor. On allies, it pulls them towards the Xelor. The effect occurs at the beginning of the Xelor's next turn. It works hand-in-hand with Temporal Distortion to move around enemies and allies for some key map manipulation game play at the cost of 1 WP. Also works well to get away from enemies if you're stabilized and cannot use Tempus Fugit. You can use Aging to trigger the effects of the push immediately instead of waiting for your next turn.

Spell Name: Aging
Cost: 2 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Deals additional damage per 10 initiative reduced on Tick and per AP removed on Tock. Consumes the Aiming and Distortion states upon use.

Spell Name: Temporal Distortion
Cost: 2 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Does not harm allies, which is great to use in conjunction with Underhand to transport enemies or allies long distances for 5 AP and 1 WP. Applies the Distortion poison state which causes damage to the target at the beginning of the Xelor's next turn. Fantastic for burst damage when you know you want to deal a lot of damage the following turn in one shot. Benefits from backstab damage.

Spell Name: Tempus Fugit
Cost: 3 AP 1 MP
Cardinal's Commentary: Always damages before the teleport. The new utility allows you to create a portal where you cast the spell and where you land, and if any ally steps on one of these cells they'll be teleported to the other. Utility movement skill.
Cardinal's Rating: ★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Xelor's Punishment
Cost: 5 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: Your air element butter. Does very high damage in an area-of-effect. You can target outside of the dial with the spell, however doing so destroys the hour cell you are currently standing on (nullifying the extra damage bonus from the dial). The range is fairly low, so be mindful of where you want to move before you cast it. Limited to two casts per turn.
Cardinal's Rating: ★★★★★/★★★★★

Specialty Skills [ESG3]

Specialty Name: Xelor's Dial
Cost: 2 AP 1 WP
Cardinal's Commentary: It was nerfed a bit by forcing us to cast it at a range (no more free teleport to escape the lock zone). However it's what gives us extra damage. It's what gives us high mobility, and easy Xelor's Punishment targeting. The reduced WP cost was appreciated too. Your dial is your best friend. Learn how to place it to not lose hours. Learn to love thy dial.

Specialty Name: Timekeeper
Cost: 1 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: This is the build-up skill that allows you to do your more complex and heavy-hitting combos. You need this at a 1 AP cost. To boot, using it on your dial has a 50% chance to add another charge to your dial. More charges, more ass kicking per WP. More bang for your buck. You won't always find yourself with spare AP. Think of Timekeeper as investing for future turns.

Specialty Name: Mummification
Cost: 3 AP
Cardinal's Commentary: This spell now acts like Eniraser. You can bring an ally back from being knocked down with a percentage of your personal HP. Every turn, they'll lose 33% of their HP and after the third, they will no longer lose HP. The raised player will not die from this and be left with at least 1 HP. It still puts players in the In Recovery state. This spell does not require line of sight and has decent range. If you die though, all mummified allies also die. Limited to one cast per turn. Essential team PvP skill to quickly turn the tides of battle.

Specialty Name: Devotion
Cost: 1 MP
Cardinal's Commentary: The lost of the WP cost means you can more consistently give your allies AP throughout the battle. However seeing as it'll cost 4 MP each turn to make use of to its max potential, this spell almost forces you to run 5 MP to at least move once before buffing everyone's AP. In group PvP or PvM you'll be running 6 MP. This spell is range modifiable.

Spell Name: Desynchronization
Cost: 1 WP
Cardinal's Commentary: At max there's no negative repercussions other than the -3 AP debuff if you use it more than one turn in a row. This is a very important spell to have since you'll be able to change whether you need high single-target DPT or high AoE DPT on the fly.

Passive Skills [ESG4]

Passive Name: Temporal Waves
Cardinal's Commentary: Only starts to shine once you can get multiple initiative burning skills in one turn cycle. It gets better over time, and the worth becomes apparent on critical hits.
Cardinal's Rating: so-so/★★★★★

Passive Name: Master of Time
Cardinal's Commentary: Extra initiative never hurts for PvP. Also grants bonus mechanics at intervals of 10. Mostly useless, since you need to invest points in more important places.
Cardinal's Rating: meh/★★★★★

Passive Name: Time Theft
Cardinal's Commentary: Extra chance to take and give AP. About as useful as useful as a mountain of dung to someone who doesn't own a Moofly. Please disregard.
Cardinal's Rating: lame/★★★★★

Passive Name: Temporal Armor
Cardinal's Commentary: This is beautiful. Extra damage every turn as long as you hit in multiple elements, up to +100%. You gain 15 stacks of this for each element you hit in a turn. Meaning one water spell, one air spell, and one fire spell can yield you 45 stacks of Temporal Crystallization. This effect will go away if you can't cast something on your turn. You can target dial hour cells to upkeep this effect. Your dial cells are considered 0% resist targets that you can attack to maintain this effect.
Cardinal's Rating: awesome/★★★★★

Passive Name: Rollback
Cardinal's Commentary: Each AP you spend now has a chance to return to you on the following turn, for a max of 3 AP return every turn after the first. Slow at first, but once you start using 15+ AP a turn you should consistently gain a yield of 3 AP each turn. Using your weapon will not trigger Rollback.
Cardinal's Rating: cool/★★★★★

The Arsenal: Your Spell Levels [YSL]

- Your water spell levels should be around 35/35/23/22/22 (for 30% resistances).
- Your air spells should be around as follows: 145/145/10/10/145.
- Your fire spells should be around as follows: 145/145/15/15/15.

*Spell levels taken at character level 145.

Teleporter for Dummies: How to Play [HTP]

WORK IN PROGRESS.

Born from the Ashes: Mango's Final Notes [MFN]

"So in conclusion..."

As time progresses and we see that the build is starting to shine more and more. 12 AP is where this build shines brightest and the damage that can be dealt is unreal. It's an extremely fun build and we're starting to really approach old A/F Xelor power at the endgame thanks to some of these new attack combos.

I had the pleasure of playing this build at its near peak on the Beta server and I have to say, I am not disappointed in this class. The revamp was initially seen as a detriment to the build's burst capabilities but now more than ever we can really destroy our enemies.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 07, 2014, 18:50:26.
Reason for edit : Update 1.7
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-02
posté May 11, 2013, 08:45:55 | #2
good one

This post has been edited by suzueken4 - May 11, 2013, 08:46:10.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté May 11, 2013, 20:28:41 | #3
This is very well written!

Thanks for the tips!

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-04
posté May 13, 2013, 10:36:10 | #4
Awesome guide. Haven't logged for a while & I'm interested to see how I'll play my xelor post-update.

-Lozenge

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté May 14, 2013, 07:34:04 | #5
i quite like this i personally am not air/fire but this started me thinking about how im going to change my build up and gave me alot of ideas. im basically pure fire ive never cared much for air/fire play just never spoke to me. anyway thanks for posting this it gave me a lot to think about build wise but i am already thinking of wonderful things my xelor could do if only i had more special points then i could have my beloved mummy but i suppose sacrifice is in order.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-17
posté May 14, 2013, 08:21:20 | #6
Nice damage numbers.

Sigh, it's looking more and more like it's time to retire my damage-eating Xelor. Too many greener pastures out there.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté May 14, 2013, 09:17:32 | #7
Allright, very nice build.

Now I am a (almost) pure Air Xelor. How would you describe advantages and disadvantages of your build compared to a single element build (I know some are quite obvious).

I am usually utilizing Temp Distortion in case nobody wants to walk on my dial or I go Aging plus Sandglass to help out my team. Sandglass is leveled, however my equip does not support a lot of water damage.

So, I am losing a bit of power in the turns the AI decides to walk away from me, but gain more burst damage during the turns it stays. In PvE you can mostly manage to have some stuff on your dial especially with a positioner anyway.

That just as a general rambling on how my build works.

Two more questions I got:

1) You are talking about substitute equipment, but how viable is this build really (especially compared to single element Xelors) when you are lacking white crow set?

2) 500% elemental mastery post revamp means you get to like 400ish now?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-02-13
posté May 14, 2013, 09:59:39 | #8
I have been using this kind of build since ever even if I don't have a White Crow set. I am using a Vampyro (this means a lot of resistances more) and mecha breastplate + epaulettes. I have 420% in both fire and air on dial, and 350% water for tock turns. I don't deal 700+500 on a crit backstab because I don't have WC backstab bonuses, but I still deal a decent 500+400ish on people/mobs with 100%ish resistances, plus I have 100%+(fire and air are 165%) in almost every resistance and this usually helps not being hit by mobs in PvE and being a little bit more resilstant in PvP. So yeah, if you don't really care about dealing 2000 damage + per turn, this kind of hybrid build is achievable even without WC set. That's what I have always said but noone believed me! *cries in a corner* Air and fire damage could also be increased in my case, but I also use slow down, sandglass and sometimes sinistros, so I felt like raising water spells as well (here's why 350%) and pointing on crits for the ap rape instead of agility or intelligence. Obviously, a pure Air/punishment Xelor with 600% air bonus deals more damage than me, but I don't like being a glass cannon nor being forced to spam Distortion when foes are out of my dial...
Going back to the topic, it's obviously a nice build. Let's see how it turns out with the revamp! If Crystallization is going to be how it is supposed to be, it's gonna be awesome.

edit: typos

This post has been edited by endriuITA - May 14, 2013, 10:10:14.
posté May 14, 2013, 10:12:26 | #9

Quote (Nox16 @ 14 May 2013 07:34) *
i quite like this i personally am not air/fire but this started me thinking about how im going to change my build up and gave me alot of ideas. im basically pure fire ive never cared much for air/fire play just never spoke to me. anyway thanks for posting this it gave me a lot to think about build wise but i am already thinking of wonderful things my xelor could do if only i had more special points then i could have my beloved mummy but i suppose sacrifice is in order.

Yeah, after the revamp I genuinely feel like there will be a larger variation of builds available to players. Hope your build works out great for you!

Quote (Madd1 @ 14 May 2013 08:21) *
Nice damage numbers.

Sigh, it's looking more and more like it's time to retire my damage-eating Xelor. Too many greener pastures out there.

Like I said right before this, I think many builds will be able to succeed after the revamp. Temporal Crystallization and emphasis in sole elements of Xelor's branches support this. But the damage in the picture was off peak hour cell. Missing 25% damage and initiative losses on that hit sadly.

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 14 May 2013 09:17) *
Allright, very nice build.

Now I am a (almost) pure Air Xelor. How would you describe advantages and disadvantages of your build compared to a single element build (I know some are quite obvious).

I am usually utilizing Temp Distortion in case nobody wants to walk on my dial or I go Aging plus Sandglass to help out my team. Sandglass is leveled, however my equip does not support a lot of water damage.

So, I am losing a bit of power in the turns the AI decides to walk away from me, but gain more burst damage during the turns it stays. In PvE you can mostly manage to have some stuff on your dial especially with a positioner anyway.

That just as a general rambling on how my build works.

Two more questions I got:

1) You are talking about substitute equipment, but how viable is this build really (especially compared to single element Xelors) when you are lacking white crow set?

2) 500% elemental mastery post revamp means you get to like 400ish now?

An air/fire build has versatility. Versatility gives you more flexibility in fights. Flexibility is the build's largest advantage, choosing between extremely high burst single target DPT or high damage AoE. What do you do against the Mecha Crobak that has 600% air resistance? Blast him with backstab Hand hits for 600 damage a piece. What do you do against the Mecha Treechnid that's on your back? Strike down with Xelor's Punishment. You get two very powerful skills to harm many kinds of enemies with. Air/fire combos get some of the (if not the) highest DPT of any class in the entire game when set up properly.

But you have to take into consideration some of the utility you'll have available to you, that all Xelor will have. Your build will still be very powerful post-revamp. It'll become more flexible as Grou had inferred. Did you ever get the chance to consider setting up a Time Rift with Underhand next to one of your hour cells, and then the following turn hitting the enemy with Temporal Distortion, teleporting behind them, and then hitting them with Xelor's Punishment twice? You can do that now (assuming the Temporal Rift lasts through your next turn). Otherwise it'll take 6 AP to force an enemy into position to get hit by Xelor's Punishment. The age of enemies standing away from your dial, is no more.

I'm not fond of leveling water spells as a damage dealer. Just to the threshold where I feel like it's a very cheap investment (level 25 before spell level gear). Any points I can put into air and fire branches to maximize mastery damage, I prefer to invest in there after getting the main damage dealing spells to a respectable base damage.

One of the big key reasons mono-elements thrive is because of their ability to get one or two spells in a single branch high leveled and then everything else reasonably high to gain 130%+ damage mastery. With so much spell level gear available, multi-element can do the same. I have two spells at 100, one at around 80, and the rest are from level 60 to 65.

Regarding your two other questions:

1) The options aren't many. I can't stress how expensive it is to pull off air/fire well compared to mono build. This is the build's biggest disadvantage. Meka Cape is absurdly difficult to obtain and White Crow set isn't the kind of set that anyone can just pick up. But the former you can obtain with enough dedication, and there are filler items for every slot that is someone reasonable to obtain (I'll update the guide later on with these).

2) At this time while on dial, I have about 475% air damage and 450% fire damage. I'm stat for 50 agility, which I plan to spec into critical hits instead post-changes. Reverting back to Hushed Scepter from Mekanno will also bring me down 19% in both elements. After the revamp, I expect to be able to pull off around 525% (post-passives) in both elements while boasting 50 critical hits, 50 backstab, and roughly 30 critical hit damage.

• Mango

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté May 14, 2013, 11:26:02 | #10
Thank you for the insightful answer.

Btw I did not want to suggest you to add water to that particular build. I agree that it makes little to no sense. I just felt that for a pure air build it is a good addition especially for teamplay.

I am personally looking forward to the Xelor changes now I think, even though Punishment will lose some of its higher end damage potential, it will be more stable and versatile overall as a main weapon for an air Xelor and I agree with you that a bigger variety of builds will be available.

posté May 20, 2013, 04:41:35 | #11
I added a few pictures to this, because everybody loves pictures. Someone notified me that this was posted on the French Xelor forums which is cool too, though one has to wonder how they can understand what I'm saying.

My goal is to flesh out the how-to-play section more in .gif form after the Xelor revamps occur. Until then I'm happy to answer any and all tick burner questions.

• Mango

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-30
posté May 21, 2013, 02:59:49 | #12
Would love if someone could make a guide on how to find good groups to get those items in the first place.

posté May 21, 2013, 06:33:36 | #13

Quote (BbeforeA @ 21 May 2013 02:59) *
Would love if someone could make a guide on how to find good groups to get those items in the first place.

I can't speak for a group to take on Black Crow. Get a good guild capable of downing him I guess. Or have a desirable class for that boss and hope some group can pick you up.

Everything else you can obtain without too much difficulty with the exception of Hushed Scepter and Whispery Ring. I assume you have a group that can at least take down Moowolf to obtain The Bloodthirsty eventually. And it doesn't take too big of a group of farm Meka to obtain that set.

Same deal with Mayor Cantile's Medal and Herr Peece's Glove.

Klime's Boots is extremely easy to obtain. You just need to be able to kill a few Northern Chafer to drop a Taroudé Leather, which I'm sure you'll have no problems accomplishing.

I'll make a budget air/fire equipment set-up some time tonight.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - May 21, 2013, 06:33:54.
Reason for edit : Typo'd.
posté May 21, 2013, 07:02:38 | #14
Sadly finding groups like that are harder than you are making it out to be. The only way i see my self obtaining those items if the group members i am with give them to me for whatever reason after drops, if I mine my life away until i can buy them or if i am using multiple accounts.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté May 21, 2013, 16:37:16 | #15

Quote (BbeforeA @ 21 May 2013 07:02) *
Sadly finding groups like that are harder than you are making it out to be. The only way i see my self obtaining those items if the group members i am with give them to me for whatever reason after drops, if I mine my life away until i can buy them or if i am using multiple accounts.

Exactly, finding groups is relatively easy for these events. Finding people willing to give you those extremely rare drops is another matter entirely. You didn't mention that before.

My Fire/Air Xelor does just fine in relatively easy to obtain budget gear.

Click here

The weapon combo has many alternatives. I lack the spell levels, HP, and initiative of Mango's build but it preforms well enough for me with the added BS and Crit dmg.

I've been lucky enough to drop two Hushed Scpeters but both are slotted with +4% and 5% water/air dmg so they go on other characters.

Edit: Had the wrong boots on my setup.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - May 21, 2013, 17:12:23.
posté May 22, 2013, 09:09:28 | #16

Quote (Gynrei @ 21 May 2013 16:37) *
Exactly, finding groups is relatively easy for these events. Finding people willing to give you those extremely rare drops is another matter entirely. You didn't mention that before.

My Fire/Air Xelor does just fine in relatively easy to obtain budget gear.

Click here

The weapon combo has many alternatives. I lack the spell levels, HP, and initiative of Mango's build but it preforms well enough for me with the added BS and Crit dmg.

I've been lucky enough to drop two Hushed Scpeters but both are slotted with +4% and 5% water/air dmg so they go on other characters.

Edit: Had the wrong boots on my setup.
Yeh that is a nice build with mostly easy to obtain items. Thanks for the share.

posté May 27, 2013, 08:14:31 | #17
Updated the equipment section with a lot of alternative pieces for each equipment slot. Also added more images.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - May 27, 2013, 08:19:06.
Reason for edit : Extra stuff.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté June 13, 2013, 02:11:05 | #18
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are such scenarios, that assume constant +5ap (3xrollback+2xdevo), valid? Instead of constant tick with desynch and balancing the penalty with devotion and rollback, I thought about preparation for one strong turn. (all post-revamp ofc, situation dependant actions are in Italic font).

1st turn (tick) - starting 10ap
dial>aging>hand>(rollback/devo)>hand
2nd turn (tock) - starting 10ap
slowdown(ally)>slowdown(enemy)>(r/d)>2x hand>(r/d)>3x timekeeper
3rd turn (tick) - starting 13ap
slowdown>aging>2xhand>(r/d)>hand

or

dial>aging>hand>(rollback/devo)>3xtimekeeper>(r/d)>slowdown(ally)>slowdown(enemy)>desynchronization
2nd turn (tick) - starting 10ap
aging>hand>(r/d)>hand>(r/d)>3x timekeeper
3rd turn (tock) - starting 13ap
1x slowdown>hand>hand>(r/d)>hand>(r/d)>2x timekeeper
4th turn (tick) - starting 12 ap
aging>hand>hand>(r/d)>hand

It is based this on the fact, that with use of devotion, it is possible to create 12 possible triggers per turn for rollback, which is quite a lot, even for only 20% chances. Both options will lead to turn with aging+3hand combo with full buff from t.cryst. Second option will postpone single target nuke for one turn of 3x aoe-hand. Both are sick.
It turns out that nerfing rollback that was giving us the possibility for +5ap, can give us almost guaranteed +5ap in some turns. With this, combined with a dial that can be charged up to stay in fight theoretically indefinitely, I already can almost hear whining of other classes.

If this is correct, I hope that the shitty 1st turn will be enough "nerfer" so anakama won't nerf hybrid xel.

This post has been edited by semcorda - June 13, 2013, 02:15:56.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-06-26
posté June 29, 2013, 11:57:31 | #19
No early levels sets? ;.;

posté June 29, 2013, 15:25:00 | #20

Quote (semcorda @ 13 June 2013 02:11) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are such scenarios, that assume constant +5ap (3xrollback+2xdevo), valid? Instead of constant tick with desynch and balancing the penalty with devotion and rollback, I thought about preparation for one strong turn. (all post-revamp ofc, situation dependant actions are in Italic font).

dial>aging>hand>(rollback/devo)>hand
2nd turn (tock) - starting 10ap
slowdown(ally)>slowdown(enemy)>(r/d)>2x hand>(r/d)>3x timekeeper
3rd turn (tick) - starting 13ap
slowdown>aging>2xhand>(r/d)>hand

or

dial>aging>hand>(rollback/devo)>3xtimekeeper>(r/d)>slowdown(ally)>slowdown(enemy)>desynchronization
2nd turn (tick) - starting 10ap
aging>hand>(r/d)>hand>(r/d)>3x timekeeper
3rd turn (tock) - starting 13ap
1x slowdown>hand>hand>(r/d)>hand>(r/d)>2x timekeeper
4th turn (tick) - starting 12 ap
aging>hand>hand>(r/d)>hand

It is based this on the fact, that with use of devotion, it is possible to create 12 possible triggers per turn for rollback, which is quite a lot, even for only 20% chances. Both options will lead to turn with aging+3hand combo with full buff from t.cryst. Second option will postpone single target nuke for one turn of 3x aoe-hand. Both are sick.
It turns out that nerfing rollback that was giving us the possibility for +5ap, can give us almost guaranteed +5ap in some turns. With this, combined with a dial that can be charged up to stay in fight theoretically indefinitely, I already can almost hear whining of other classes.

If this is correct, I hope that the shitty 1st turn will be enough "nerfer" so anakama won't nerf hybrid xel.

No matter what we'll have to deal with working around the first turn. If it's a far ranged map it won't be as bad (which means more or less we'll be fine for post-revamp PvM). It's pretty safe to assume we'll trigger all three AP Rollback each turn so those scenarios pan out quite well. The times in which you want to Desync are the same times in which you know doing so will result in ending the fight sooner.

Quote (nLicH @ 29 June 2013 11:57) *
No early levels sets? ;.;

I may change this in the future. I never truly played around with the build at early levels, only at late game. I'd have to look over builds in Elements to see how viable that actually is given how specialty and gear intensive the build is.

• Mango