Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Need help with builds
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté January 19, 2014, 11:47:13 | #1
Need help with builds Hello. I just started playing wakfu about 4 days ago and I currently have a lv 40 Foggernaut using a pure fire build. I want to build either a dual fire/earth or stasis/earth. I've read some topics and I know fire/stasis isn't a good idea so I won't do that, but the more I read about the game the more I know the advantages of having a dual build instead of a mono, so I really wanna make this work. I'm just asking for some ideas here, maybe a tanker with stasis for damage, or fire which uses earth when gets close to enemies, I don't know, I started 4 days ago, so I need your help .

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté January 19, 2014, 18:48:19 | #2
Welcome to Wakfu and the coveted foggernaut class!!

To start, what do you prefer in terms of hybird frog?

You can run specially tanky with earth basis covered by secondary stasis or secondary fire.

You can run a pesky style and use stasis as your base covered by earth blockades for a secondary.

You can run a nuke AoE style with continuously using fire at great distances and then following it up with an exceptional res buff due to cooling and the occasional blockade to buffer damage.

Do you want to be team oriented, solo dps, or Jack-Of-All trades master of none?

I'll let you know now, anything with earth in it will have people loving your support. Earth frogs are exceptional at all UBs currently and are wonderful tanks.

posté January 20, 2014, 14:47:54 | #3

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 19 January 2014 18:48) *
Welcome to Wakfu and the coveted foggernaut class!!

To start, what do you prefer in terms of hybird frog?

You can run specially tanky with earth basis covered by secondary stasis or secondary fire.

You can run a pesky style and use stasis as your base covered by earth blockades for a secondary.

You can run a nuke AoE style with continuously using fire at great distances and then following it up with an exceptional res buff due to cooling and the occasional blockade to buffer damage.

Do you want to be team oriented, solo dps, or Jack-Of-All trades master of none?

I'll let you know now, anything with earth in it will have people loving your support. Earth frogs are exceptional at all UBs currently and are wonderful tanks.
I have about 10 people to play with and most of them are damage dealers, that's why I want a tanky/support dual build that can also assist with some damage if they fail. I'll always be playing with someone, so definitely team oriented.

Currently with my fire build I run max Fogginator and Fire and Oil, never used microbots or rails. I have some money to buy earth/lock whatever equipment I will need to make the transition, just need some guidelines so I figure out what to do. Do I max Stasis Shield on this hybrid build? Do I do it before Armor Plating? Do I level both a little bit and invest on microbots as well? Is Stasis Flux any good?

Those kinds of things is what I need more, I already have an idea on what spells to invest for either builds(earth/stasis, earth/fire), which ones are better than the others, etc... just really need some help with the passives, what I should be focusing on, what should I be doing on the battles, what will be my REAL role... anyways, thanks for the help.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté January 20, 2014, 16:20:59 | #4
In terms of passive abilities I would recommend, well, all of them really

If you use fire as your secondary I would trade critical turbo for fire and oil, and vice versa if stasis is your secondary. But support frogs and frogs in general should be using nearly all of their passive abilities.

Stasis Flux and Microbot should be at a minimum your specialties. Stasis Flux is excellent since it allow you to essentially sac your teammate without having to transpo yourself into a sticky situation.

But at your lowest lvls I would worry about your passive abilities first. Steamplam's range is so good and has so much crowd control the only thing you need to worry about is having enough hp should someone try to run into your comfort zone.

Armor Plating helps with this and would be the first passive I'd recommend maxing since you get a res increase to your lowest resistance. Next I would work towards things like Stasis Shield and Groove for increased hp, rails, dodge, and control.

Following that will be whatever your more geared towards, if stasis Critical Turbo, if Fire Fire and Oil. I would then strongly suggest working with Fogginator/or Motherfogger since that will gave you a massive power boost/or resistance boost every other turn and will be more useful to you than acquiring a strong cybot.

Your "job" will be comprised of either DPS with devastating earth attacks or built up fire/stasis damage, crowd control through Nuking hoards of enemies with Steampalm (best option)/Shebang/Aynaloxide. Or you will be the body guard or tank by fluxing your most damaging teammate or the healer in your group. When I hit 140 soon I can link you my build if you'd like.

posté January 23, 2014, 19:47:13 | #5

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 20 January 2014 16:20) *
In terms of passive abilities I would recommend, well, all of them really

If you use fire as your secondary I would trade critical turbo for fire and oil, and vice versa if stasis is your secondary. But support frogs and frogs in general should be using nearly all of their passive abilities.

Stasis Flux and Microbot should be at a minimum your specialties. Stasis Flux is excellent since it allow you to essentially sac your teammate without having to transpo yourself into a sticky situation.

But at your lowest lvls I would worry about your passive abilities first. Steamplam's range is so good and has so much crowd control the only thing you need to worry about is having enough hp should someone try to run into your comfort zone.

Armor Plating helps with this and would be the first passive I'd recommend maxing since you get a res increase to your lowest resistance. Next I would work towards things like Stasis Shield and Groove for increased hp, rails, dodge, and control.

Following that will be whatever your more geared towards, if stasis Critical Turbo, if Fire Fire and Oil. I would then strongly suggest working with Fogginator/or Motherfogger since that will gave you a massive power boost/or resistance boost every other turn and will be more useful to you than acquiring a strong cybot.

Your "job" will be comprised of either DPS with devastating earth attacks or built up fire/stasis damage, crowd control through Nuking hoards of enemies with Steampalm (best option)/Shebang/Aynaloxide. Or you will be the body guard or tank by fluxing your most damaging teammate or the healer in your group. When I hit 140 soon I can link you my build if you'd like.

Hey, sorry for taking so long to answer.

I'm currently level 48 pure fire, but I'm waiting until I try microbots for the respec, to see how good they are. Got microbots lv 3 and grove 5, but missing 1 control to make a rail, so I can't really test right now.

I'm decided to go the earth/stasis way, maxing armor plating and the groove, then going lv 3 microbots for extra rail and next probably look to max motherfogger.

Spells I will use on a constant base will be:

Heart of Steam
Ray of Steam
Stasis Shot
Stomp
Shebang
Bombardment

Now the question is, what should I stat? 1 PA? 1 PM? Strenght? Health? Not sure. I'll wait and see until I actually use the build to see what is better.

Thanks for all the help and I would love to see your build once you hit 140 .

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-17
posté January 25, 2014, 12:22:50 | #6
I'm currently a lvl 56 Foggy myself. I was running an earth/stasis build, but as my levels are climbing I'm going to go more towards a mono-earth tanking build. From what I'm hearing (and experiencing) stasis really doesn't get going until 80+, with how you need the rails and motherfogger. I'm doing some sexy damage with Shebang (200+ on high crits), and bombardment isn't too bad either on the damage alongside stomp.

It all depends on your playstyle, I suppose. Now if only the restat quest didn't suck so damn bad I'd be more inclined to play around with builds.