Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

The little things, one-off corrections
posté January 09, 2012, 03:42:07 | #41
The Small Scaraleaf set bonus interface only says "Small Scaraleaf" instead of "Small Scaraleaf Set", like all other sets do.

posté January 12, 2012, 03:52:55 | #42
Goo goo sets rings now all have the same name... Its very confusing (they're all called gooano ring)

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-07-06
posté January 13, 2012, 20:55:17 | #43
The Plant achivements tell you to kill Aggressive Dandelions, but the monster is called Evil Dandelion.

They also say to kill Gluttons, which are actually called Spiny Glutton.

The achievement "Plant Fair" says you need to kill 50 Darkover Roses, but it says you're done when you get to 10. It should say 10 like all the others.

This post has been edited by Nillii - January 13, 2012, 21:29:10.
posté January 16, 2012, 01:22:58 | #44
One-handed Swords and Staffs just say "Staff" and "Sword" in their type, while Two-handed ones are "Two-handed Staff" and "Two-handed Sword". This gets confusing, specially if you do not know this beforehand. They should be called "One-handed Sword" and "One-handed Staff" instead.

posté January 28, 2012, 23:16:02 | #45
There is a dagger that shows Hell Razor in the recipes list but Hell Razors in the item.

posté January 29, 2012, 04:13:24 | #46
Some minerals have (Mineral) after their name, like copper and iron, but lead is called "Lead Mineral". Wouldn't it be better to be "Lead (Mineral)" instead?

The armorer recipe the M'bo has "The M'Bo" in the recipe list, but "The M'bo" on the item.
One of the shields have two names: "The Sharkal" and "The Fiscal"

Many items still have in their description the format of "+x% of applying x state". (Could be "+x% chance to apply x" or something else, to make more sense.

I'm not sure if this fits translation, but it would be nice for all elements damage/resist had its own icon to show so. Its confusing since just saying +damage or +resist does not say for what it is. (confusing till you learn it, which is not very intuitive)

Golden Wheat flour has flour uncapitalized

Backstab is referred to on items as "damage done from behind". It would be nice to just say backstab, as it is the attribute shown on our characteristics panel.

This post has been edited by Yechnagoth - January 29, 2012, 06:18:10.
posté January 29, 2012, 09:33:34 | #47

Quote (Yechnagoth @ 02 December 2011 19:35) *
The item "Bramble wood" does not have the second word capitalized like all the other woods.
"Wheat grain" too.

In the conditions of Grain of Barley and Ash Cutting, it says "Centre" instead of "Center"

I think centre is correct if it follows UK English over American English.

posté February 01, 2012, 11:50:32 | #48
The items Gobbly Hoof and Gobbly Hoof Spores are gathered from the Gobbly Foot plant.. They should either all be called Hoof or all be called Foot.

posté February 02, 2012, 22:21:11 | #49
The Dragolyre previously said -10% xp gained, now it says -10% wisdom. I'm sure it just gives -10 wisdom, not 10%.

Shepherd's staff also says 4% wisdom.

posté February 18, 2012, 15:10:52 | #50
The Gobbly Foot plant now gives Funkus and Funkus Spores. Change the name of the plan or the items.

When you encounter a canoon the first time, you have the option to Save the Zaap. But it's a canoon, not a zaap.

This post has been edited by Nillii - February 18, 2012, 15:45:48.
Reason for edit : canoon vs zaap
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-10-02
posté December 03, 2012, 13:02:04 | #51
When you talk to Bossowl and want to pick a nation and you pick the "I've made my choice, but I don't know where to go now..."

The Sufokia option says: "Sufokia; After all, it seems like a nice plaice..."

When you do the quest to become a lumberjack at Bossowl, one of the questions goes like:
"What can you do with the cuttings?"

The answer is "Prune them" However you don't prune the cuttings. You prune the tree, to get the cuttings, like it's described in the manual you get.

posté December 03, 2012, 17:18:41 | #52
Moved. 

This post has been edited by Nillii - December 23, 2012, 10:40:24.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-02-06
posté February 05, 2013, 09:30:28 | #53
In pet feeding time description, it says "Your pet needs to eat at least once every 6 hours but no more often than once every 72 hours."

This is a contradiction that is a logical impossibility. "no more" should read the opposite - "no less".

Correct translation: "Your pet needs to eat at least once every 6 hours but no less often than once every 72 hours."

Cheers.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-11-11
posté February 25, 2013, 15:04:48 | #54

Quote (senhuan @ 05 February 2013 09:30) *
In pet feeding time description, it says "Your pet needs to eat at least once every 6 hours but no more often than once every 72 hours."

This is a contradiction that is a logical impossibility. "no more" should read the opposite - "no less".

Correct translation: "Your pet needs to eat at least once every 6 hours but no less often than once every 72 hours."

Cheers.

I disagree. I think the problem here is that it's backwards, and flat out incorrect as it's currently presented.

I think it should read something like this: "Your pet needs to eat at least once every 72 hours, but no more often than once every 6 hours."

I would personally prefer it say 'but not more often' ('but no more often' sounds kind of weird to me) - but "but no more often" is acceptable English, I think.
---

Also related to the pet info screen:

In the pet info screen, hover over a pet's health. The tooltip that appears currently reads: "Your pet will lose Health Points if you feed it more than once every 6 hours, less than once every 72 hours, or if you lose a battle."

I think it should also mention that it loses health if you feed it something it doesn't like.

Maybe it should also mention how pets regain health (by consuming Osamodas Powder).

posté February 26, 2013, 14:21:53 | #55
Hello,

The problem with the pet feeding times appears to be that the two variables are mixed up in French. I'm going to pass it back to the devs to be fixed at the source, and will transmit the suggestions about additional info in the tooltip as well.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-11-11
posté March 01, 2013, 07:09:54 | #56
^ Thanks

Here's two more, related to the Respec Instance:

1) Once you redistribute your spell experience, you get a popup message telling you to "Test our your new-found powers on Chuck Novice!" (screenshot: Click here ). However, the mobs in the Respec instance are called Mr. Punchy.

2) When using the Pail of Youth, the action to use it is called 'Feed' (screenshot: Click here ). It should probably instead say something like 'Drink'.

---
The most recent newspost, entitled "3 WAKFU Subscriptions of 1 year to win!", reads: "Just take this quizz!".

quizz should instead be quiz.

---
On the home page, the link to Tofukaze says 'Sponsorship'. The word I've always seen for this kind of thing is 'Referral' (either simply that, or 'Referral Program', 'Referral Rewards', etc).

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté June 02, 2013, 13:22:33 | #57
Nice topic, let me help you on this ^^

in the new dungeon page, where you can see a list of dungeons and UB is a wierd translation.
The dungeons which are available on all islands (Hoola Hoopiwi ect) say that the location is in "Test Map" while should say "All four Nations" or "Bonta, Amakna, Brakman & Sufokia"

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - June 02, 2013, 13:23:00.
Reason for edit : grammar
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-15
posté September 14, 2013, 00:22:23 | #58
-

This post has been edited by demonfoxassassin - September 14, 2013, 01:37:00.
Reason for edit : wrong place