Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Fire Masqs...
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2008-11-13
posté February 28, 2013, 09:00:29 | #1
Fire Masqs... I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but fire masqs seem to be the worst and most unoriginal of the 3 trees, and are just pretty bad in general. I'm still playing one, but I think they need some changes the most out of any of the trees. They're basically a bad fire iop/sac mixed with an even worse earth panda... They have fire aoe damage that isn't close to the damage iops can put out. The psychopath masq gives +dmg and -res, yet the aspect of -res fits in nowhere with this class (same with the speed bonus... like what?). Now lets talk about the fire masq's strongest spell, Psyk-out. It's basically the earth panda's Blisskreig with like 5 more base damage. The only difference to this being that Psyk-out costs wp, doesn't apply dizzy, nor does it have the ability to gain mp, NOR does it give you backstab. I think this tree should definitely have some secondary effects, or at LEAST have the wp cost taken off Psyk-out. Your thoughts?

This post has been edited by Wuhba - February 28, 2013, 09:05:43.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté February 28, 2013, 09:20:28 | #2
I havent played much with it but here is my first impression. It looks cool and i like the interesting spells.

The spell that gets you close to players and enemies is nice and the wp spell looks really usefull when you try to excape or move across the field. The damage is decent and the aoe is good in pretty much every situation. The passives are nice to but i dont know if you get a heal when killing a summon.

posté February 28, 2013, 09:31:18 | #3

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 28 February 2013 09:20) *
I havent played much with it but here is my first impression. It looks cool and i like the interesting spells.
You should probably check it out.. or not. It's not very cool or interesting.. Most of it's spells are just worse copies of existing spells (colonnades, old cage of blood (which was already a terrible spell when sacs had it...), lethal slingshot range and aoe mixed with the effects of sacrier's fist, and blisskreig). It's definitely lacking something pretty large.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté February 28, 2013, 14:03:40 | #4
Fire masquerade is a VERY strong character. I can't understand your complaints because the 6 AP spell is a stronger version of Blisskrieg and doesn't need such a thing as barrel. And the 3 AP 1 MP one is kinda epic for the 8 cell AoE and great base damage.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-06-04
posté February 28, 2013, 14:21:24 | #5

Quote (FajneCycki @ 28 February 2013 14:03) *
Fire masquerade is a VERY strong character. I can't understand your complaints because the 6 AP spell is a stronger version of Blisskrieg and doesn't need such a thing as barrel. And the 3 AP 1 MP one is kinda epic for the 8 cell AoE and great base damage.

umm psykout is op. ESP with a double. wanna know what's funny ? I just saw daubs own a earth panda easily with that so called weaker version of bliss. from what I saw it did way more dmg than bliss.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-04
posté February 28, 2013, 15:26:38 | #6

Quote (Wuhba @ 28 February 2013 09:00) *
They're basically a bad fire iop/sac mixed with an even worse earth panda... They have fire aoe damage that isn't close to the damage iops can put out. The psychopath masq gives +dmg and -res, yet the aspect of -res fits in nowhere with this class (same with the speed bonus... like what?). Now lets talk about the fire masq's strongest spell, Psyk-out. It's basically the earth panda's Blisskreig with like 5 more base damage. The only difference to this being that Psyk-out costs wp, doesn't apply dizzy, nor does it have the ability to gain mp, NOR does it give you backstab. I think this tree should definitely have some secondary effects, or at LEAST have the wp cost taken off Psyk-out. Your thoughts?
Part of the reason im playing it is that its like an earth panda except it doesnt rely on the barrel and its spells look awesome. (so i might be a bit biased) But If you level up burst of wakfu, psyk-out gives you an ap and 20% resists every other turn. If anything lower the ap cost to 5 but keep the 1 per turn restriction. In regaurds to the resists just dump some stat points into hp if you want to live longer. But i dont think they are supposed to be played as tanks. Personally im building mine to get into close combat hit a few times then get out. Then just repeat that.

posté February 28, 2013, 21:51:39 | #7

Quote (stayhumble @ 28 February 2013 14:21) *

umm psykout is op. ESP with a double. wanna know what's funny ? I just saw daubs own a earth panda easily with that so called weaker version of bliss. from what I saw it did way more dmg than bliss.
That's probably because Daubs had more %dmg than the panda. Because Psyk-out only gives 5 more base damage at 100. It SHOULD be more op than blisskreig because it requires wp but it isn't. And to everyone saying that the earth panda relies on a barrel.. masqs rely on masks, and barrel only costs 1 more ap to pick up and can be used for movement, blocking, ect.

Quote (WingedPolarBear @ 28 February 2013 15:26) *
Part of the reason im playing it is that its like an earth panda except it doesnt rely on the barrel and its spells look awesome. (so i might be a bit biased) But If you level up burst of wakfu, psyk-out gives you an ap and 20% resists every other turn. If anything lower the ap cost to 5 but keep the 1 per turn restriction. In regaurds to the resists just dump some stat points into hp if you want to live longer. But i dont think they are supposed to be played as tanks. Personally im building mine to get into close combat hit a few times then get out. Then just repeat that.
I like what you're saying here, however burst of wakfu just seems like a waste of points, in my opinion. The +20%res is good, but +1ap doesn't really add much at all to any combos. But that's just my opinion.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-02-23
posté February 28, 2013, 22:25:10 | #8

Bliss is obviously superior to psykout; It cost 1 wakfu point less and occasionally 1 mp less aswell and although its base damage is 5 points less it doesn't have a cast limit and it doesnt change the direction of enemies.

posté February 28, 2013, 22:42:17 | #9

Quote (Chuccckles @ 28 February 2013 22:25) *

Bliss is obviously superior to psykout; It cost 1 wakfu point less and occasionally 1 mp less aswell and although its base damage is 5 points less it doesn't have a cast limit and it doesnt change the direction of enemies.
I'm pretty sure the people saying bliss isn't better than psyk-out are looking at the outdated masq notes and not the nerfed version currently in game.. That's the only way I could find their argument to be valid.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-02-24
posté February 28, 2013, 22:42:19 | #10

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but fire masqs seem to be the worst and most unoriginal of the 3 trees, and are just pretty bad in general. I'm still playing one, but I think they need some changes the most out of any of the trees. They're basically a bad fire iop/sac mixed with an even worse earth panda... They have fire aoe damage that isn't close to the damage iops can put out. The psychopath masq gives +dmg and -res, yet the aspect of -res fits in nowhere with this class (same with the speed bonus... like what?). Now lets talk about the fire masq's strongest spell, Psyk-out. It's basically the earth panda's Blisskreig with like 5 more base damage. The only difference to this being that Psyk-out costs wp, doesn't apply dizzy, nor does it have the ability to gain mp, NOR does it give you backstab. I think this tree should definitely have some secondary effects, or at LEAST have the wp cost taken off Psyk-out. Your thoughts?
At level 84 against 100% resists: Turn one: Applied psycopathic mask, walked to back,(had 256 dodge and 6mp) summoned double to side (got ap returned) Crit back stab for 1150~, Then double went crit for 1k + 300, Turn two: Walk to back Crit for 1150 and 410 with dagger(assuming i wasnt hit and built up damage) then double goes and crits for 300x3. Now yes thats alot of crit but had a pretty solid amount of crit rate 40~ and this is level 84 meaning that damage was going no where but up.

posté February 28, 2013, 22:48:03 | #11

Quote (death151 @ 28 February 2013 22:42) *

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but fire masqs seem to be the worst and most unoriginal of the 3 trees, and are just pretty bad in general. I'm still playing one, but I think they need some changes the most out of any of the trees. They're basically a bad fire iop/sac mixed with an even worse earth panda... They have fire aoe damage that isn't close to the damage iops can put out. The psychopath masq gives +dmg and -res, yet the aspect of -res fits in nowhere with this class (same with the speed bonus... like what?). Now lets talk about the fire masq's strongest spell, Psyk-out. It's basically the earth panda's Blisskreig with like 5 more base damage. The only difference to this being that Psyk-out costs wp, doesn't apply dizzy, nor does it have the ability to gain mp, NOR does it give you backstab. I think this tree should definitely have some secondary effects, or at LEAST have the wp cost taken off Psyk-out. Your thoughts?
At level 84 against 100% resists: Turn one: Applied psycopathic mask, walked to back,(had 256 dodge and 6mp) summoned double to side (got ap returned) Crit back stab for 1150~, Then double went crit for 1k + 300, Turn two: Walk to back Crit for 1150 and 410 with dagger(assuming i wasnt hit and built up damage) then double goes and crits for 300x3. Now yes thats alot of crit but had a pretty solid amount of crit rate 40~ and this is level 84 meaning that damage was going no where but up.
People keep talking about their final damage, but final damage means nothing when comparing spells unless both spells have the same %damage applied. This is about base damage, your final damage after applying your %damage is irrelevant. More so because you didn't specify your %damage (or level of psyk-out) in the post, which would directly correlate to the base damage.

This post has been edited by Wuhba - February 28, 2013, 22:48:57.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-04
posté March 01, 2013, 03:13:26 | #12

Quote (Wuhba @ 28 February 2013 21:51) *
I like what you're saying here, however burst of wakfu just seems like a waste of points, in my opinion. The +20%res is good, but +1ap doesn't really add much at all to any combos. But that's just my opinion.
It lets you cast psycho mask psych-out and the 3 ap move (forgot the name) in the first turn which is.......something I was trying to mess with it so i could use some sort of 11 ap combo every two turns with only 10 ap and then filling in on the down turns but i havent worked anything out yet.